Super Monza

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

doh-sorry-just-notice-graph-wasnt-bhp- :freak:
Tom Russell

Steve very kindly sent me his dyno graph (as it now seems to be missing from the beginning of this thread) produced at Performance Tuning after Charlie Edmonds set up his Super Monza engine.

Unless I've had far too much of the Red stuff this evening (probably), this graph seems to differ quite considerably from the graphs on the Super Monza charity topic?! :?
Tom Russell

Got my Super Monza scoot back from Charlie Edmonds at Performance Tuning yesterday, just in time for the summer, which had gone in for dyno setup and general check over.

As you'd expect, very similar graph to Steve Chapmans, with max power of 30.5 bhp @ 7976 rpm, pulling TV 200 gearbox.

The scoot now runs cleaner and cooler (EGT), after he'd made a few tweaks to jetting and timing, and I have to say is very impressive for what is essentially a bolt on kit with no additional tuning.

Charlie also told me my SIP digital speedo was reading about 10mph under(need to look at that) so when I thought I was doing 75, I was actually doing 85mph :D
steve chapman

great to hear youve got it dynod , so what do you think to it , f***kin awsome arnt they
i took mine to scarbourgh and must say now im getting used to it i absolutely love it ,
hade to be recovered 10 miles out of scarbourgh on the way back , but this wasnt
anything to do with the super monza , are you managing to keep the front wheel on
the ground :lol: :lol: :lol: , steve
Tom Russell

steve chapman wrote:great to hear youve got it dynod , so what do you think to it , f***kin awsome arnt they
i took mine to scarbourgh and must say now im getting used to it i absolutely love it ,
hade to be recovered 10 miles out of scarbourgh on the way back , but this wasnt
anything to do with the super monza , are you managing to keep the front wheel on
the ground :lol: :lol: :lol: , steve
Hi mate,

Yep, it's very impressive and blistering quick through the gears, and difficult to ride slowly! :D

In 1st gear, it's very difficult to keep the front down :P especially with all the carbon and my ridicuously small race seat, which looks good, but might have to go at some point :lol:

I'm so glad I took it to him for the final set up, just peace of mind really, and the added bonus of it running even better now!

Enjoy!

Cheers :)
steve chapman

tom do you know what the final setting where
Tom Russell

steve chapman wrote:tom do you know what the final setting where
Yes mate, I'll PM you :)
Muttley McLadd

Am I reading the graph right?
There's no power until 5500, then it all comes in in a big wallop?
That must be hell to ride in traffic, or as an every day bike.
CakeAndArseParty
Tom Russell

Muttley McLadd wrote:Am I reading the graph right?
There's no power until 5500, then it all comes in in a big wallop?
That must be hell to ride in traffic, or as an every day bike.
Yep, there isn't a great deal below 5k, and you've gotta be careful with the throttle in traffic, but it's not that bad, I've ridden much worse (2 strokes) in my time, and to be honest I knew the Super Monza kit wouldn't really be an "every day bike" (but if I had to, I would quite happily use it as that, and just accept it for what it was), if I wanted that I'd go for something much tamer! :)

But, hell is it worth it, when you get on an open road, the power and torque, pulling such tall gearing (with ease) means you get to 80+ very quickly! :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information