Hello from The Smoke

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
SteveNaive
Main scooter: Series 2 Li 150

Hi Folks,

I sold my last Vespa about 4 years ago and have been chomping at the bit ever since so I recently picked up a barn find S2 after not touching a Lambretta for 30 odd years.

I’ve been reading the threads with interest and thought it only decent to introduce myself before I start asking gazillions of dumb questions.

Looking at either a Casa or Scootopia kit and leaving the frame as is, I’ve a funny feeling I’ll be parting with a fair amount of brass :-)

Cheers,

Stevo (Northerner trapped in S.London)
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Welcome to the forum Stevo!
YAMLAM

welcome to scooterotica
win or lose have a booze
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Welcome. I just built a scootopia 185 motor and it cost £1100 in parts alone! Ended up with a lovely little motor though.

Ask away, these forums are generally better for quality advice than fb but the answers aren't quite as quick.
SteveNaive

Cheers gents!

hendy - yeh it’s looking that way for me too 😳 One quick question, the rest will be in the relevant forum honest, with the clutch did you just rebuild the 4 plate and use MB springs? I’m guessing that should be enough for the output?
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

I put a Casa 185 kit on my LI150S, just over 12 months ago, and just replaced the existing corks and didn't change the springs. Suppose with hindsight, and considering the minimal cost involved, I should nave done, but at the time of writing, it has been fine! 🤞🤞
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Martin20 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:29 pm I put a Casa 185 kit on my LI150S, just over 12 months ago, and just replaced the existing corks and didn't change the springs. Suppose with hindsight, and considering the minimal cost involved, I should nave done, but at the time of writing, it has been fine! 🤞🤞
Yes, I'd be perfectly happy with a standard clutch, but I'd be inclined to replace springs on any major rebuild, in which case I'd opt for MB springs as my preferred option; they're really not heavy.

Certainly change your front sprocket for a larger one for two reasons: to take advantage of the extra power; to give you a chance of kicking it over.
SteveNaive

Cheers, appreciate the input you two.

It’s an Italian 150 box so I’m looking at taking it from 15t to16t.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Welcome to the forum
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information