New member signed also from Cali

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
Roliver1972
Main scooter: Cutdown p200

I joined this forum a while back but failed to introduce myself. I'm Ronny Oliver, 47 years old. I rode my first vespa when I lived in ITALY when I was about 12. I have been into two strokes and motocross all my life. I got really into scooters in the late 80s early 90s. During that time I quickly went from vespas to lambrettas. I ran the website www.fastlambrettas.com for about a decade and was fascinated by the tuning options and abilities for that frame and design. I went on a bit of a hiatus and sold off my scooters when my daughter was first born. Let's just say I'm back. I am in the build process of a cutdown p200. Then after that I will be on a mad hunt for lambretta frame to modify and add a modern dirt bike motor to. I am leaning towards a 2 stroke 250 but I will know more as that time comes...one at a time. This p200 will be a very basic touring tune with some slight mods to the frame... drop bars...and simple things. .....I think I've rambled on enough...
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Welcome to the forum Ronny.
coaster

Welcome Ronny, there's been a few bike engine conversions done over the years as well as grafting big cylinders onto the original cases so ashould be some experience to draw on.

Colin
Roliver1972
Main scooter: Cutdown p200

I've read through most of the builds in the liquid cooled section and so it gives me a good idea...I have read up on the rest of the web as much as I can. I am not interested in a hybrid between lambretta case and new top end but rather full frame cut and adapt whole motor...rear one off swing arm and adapted wheel and suspension. When the time comes and I'm ready I'm sure each step of the way I'll be posting here as I go. For now I'm on this damn p200 and trying my best at fabricating some custom parts in fiberglass... working on the seat right now then horn cast...belly pan and mud guard next
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Any chance of some build pics, what you are doing and especially when you get on the lammy is just what is needed to get this forum going again as in the past I really have enjoyed Holty on here with his builds
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information