New member SW london

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
dave999
Main scooter: TV175 Eibar Li125

Hello
I am Dave from Twickenham.
I have been into scooters and some of the associated clothes and music since I was 11 i'm now 48. (aaaargh)
I have owned 2 scooters since 1996 a birthday present out the back off a van at the Dunstable parts fair, consisting of bits of a 1964 TV175 and a complete 1960s/early 70s spanish Li 125 III (chrome ring frame italian style air box etc)
£300 well spent it would seem these days.

But my life was diverted at the age of 17 by VWs beetles (a plan my parents had a hand in, lambretta owners 57-62), and a '66 van, and that lot was followed by an Aussie MOPAR muscle car in 2001.... then marriage kids etc so although scooter ownership started in my 30s and the interest had been there since putting on my red-lined millets fishtail parka, for the start of middle school in Newcastle in 1982. The pile of parts is still a pile of parts.. i was a rubbish mod and i think i've illustrated the fact that i have never been a scooter boy in the true sense of the word. ( I don't think living vicariously through the pages of scootering magazine (I even put up with the steve berry years) counts :)

I know little about running a lambretta, but am mechanically and electrically minded... if i can build a VW engine a cast iron v8 or a zenoah goped engine i should be at confident enough to wield a spanner or two on a lambretta.

so with a big pile of lambretta in the garage, an aussie car that kinda works, i thought i'd get the scooter(s) on the road...and hey maybe even get a licence to ride them legally, get the kids involved etc

LCGB membership sorted....for the 3rd time.... and well, getting a membership on here should provide inspiration... This time I need to get off my backside and start.

Nice to meet you all.....

Dave :)
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Welcome to the forum Dave. Good luck with your projects.👍
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Welcome Dave , great intro and good luck :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Welcome aboard, good luck with the projects.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information