Saddleworth Calling

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
solecommando

Hi all,
completely new to scootering, awaiting delivery of a brand new Vespa, I know that gearless scooters aren't everyone's cup of tea but you have to start somewhere.
Although I had motorbikes as a kid I never had a bike licence, you could ride up to 250cc on a provisional then! So until the DVLA are back up and running I'm going to have to wait.

My first question is what do you recommend in the way of preparation before the road, underseal or some sort of protection? I'm thinking of taking the panels off and detailing the paintwork with clay and applying a few coats of decent polish, all advice welcome.

Look forward to meeting up with some of you when thing get back to normal.

SC
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I recommend joining the GTS forum on facebook and read the post on rust proofing the scooter.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
coaster

Tractorman wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:19 pm I recommend joining the GTS forum on facebook and read the post on rust proofing the scooter.
I agree., have a GTS in my collection used for commuting around LOndon but either the GTS Owners Forum of the FB page will get you more helpful responses. Good luck with it, they are veruy good scooters, I've knocked up well over 50k miles on mine in all weathers and apart from a few broken belts (maintenance) has never let me down. 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information