NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
Bothie
Main scooter: Lambretta early Li3

Hello
Thanks for the ad.....currently working through many components of an original 1962 Lambretta s3 that had been in storage in southern Italy for around 20 years. Main issue currently are the 4pole ignition system.
firekdp

Bothie wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 pm Main issue currently are the 4pole ignition system.
Hi mate and welcome. Is this the 1 hole brake switch system? If so what problems are you having with it?
Bothie
Main scooter: Lambretta early Li3

Yes...1 hole brake switch I believe....When I started to explore the issue I found the insulation around the three wires from stator were totally perished and bare wired into the junction box/regulator. All globes blown.
Replaced the three wires, resoldered to a) points, b) condenser, c) heavier stator winding and yet still no spark.
Is it a faulty condenser? Faulty Coil? Bad earth?
firekdp

Hard to say without testing them. But be aware that if the machine isn't fully wired up, you won't get a spark unless the stator pink is temporarily connected to a good earth.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information