hey.. new but courius Li150 S2 upgrade tips needed!

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

^what coaster said
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Just to avoid any confusion: for matching, Coaster means that the cylinder (or barrel) and the crankcase need to be worked on. The gains are pretty small.
kourabies
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s2

coaster wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:08 am
kourabies wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:04 am

maybe the indian 200cc cyl with a small bore (66,2? 66,4?) and a piston with window as boost good be a good choice? with lth reed valve kit and a mec or tameni 60 crank with gp taper. i know i will have to change flywheel as well... i wont tune the carb myself!
I am a bit confused, you say you have an Li150 which is a small block engine so the Indian 200 cylinder wont fit as the studs are in a different position :? Thats a shame as it would be a good plan but find a suitable piston with the windows already in place first and then get the cylinder bored to suit. The LTH reed valve might need some of the fins to be cut back for clearance but easy job with a grinder. You will need the head re-profiled to suit the increased bore and piston crown.

The 186 Ally/steel barrel will fit your case but as already said, the ports can be all over the place. Dealers can 'tidy' the ports a little but polishing achieves nothing and 'matching' will require the cylinder AND the barrel to be worked on. There are a number of very good small block 185 kits out there, the RT195 has its fans and there is also the GT 186 reed valve cast iron cylinder kit made in the UK which would give you the performance you need plus being very reliable. This will be more expensive in the short term but believe me, it will save you much grief and expence in the long run 8-)
thanks for your reply. the indian 200cc i purchased is used and for small block (seller told me about 300-400 miles done with it) and needs no extra work to fit. unfortunatelly he lost the piston rings so might need boring and new piston. there is a chance of just purchasing new piston rings to be ok. the cylinder has thin walls so i this these might be 175 or 185 cc barrel and be bored to 200cc. also i already have these 2 kits. thats why i ask opinions only for these 2. its hard to try and sell these 2 to buy an other kit... unfortunately
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information