Serveta Colours

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
loadedscooterist
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special

Hi All, Does anyone out there have a list of Serveta colours? I have a 1972 150 special and would like to know what the original colour scheme was?

Many Thanks in advance
ArmandTanzarian

I'm not sure if there are any codes available. When I restored mine I found some original paint under the horn cast and had it matched. The internals were an even bigger source of mystery. They painted them all sorts of weird and wonderful colours.

There's a Serveta owners group on Facebook, someone there might know more.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Go on lambretta archive and click on Spanish paint codes on the left
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

garry inglis wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm Go on lambretta archive and click on Spanish paint codes on the left
Hmmh, interesting. In terms of Series 2, that is saying that the Italian base grey they used on the main bodywork is the same as used on the Spanish. Having had a Spanish Series 2, I am far from sure mine was.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm not entirely sure how accurate the paint codes are on Pete's site to be honest. I don't know why exactly, but no records of the paint used seem to exist. And when you see some of the original paints they used I suspect there was a bit of a random approach to finishing their scooters. Probably why there are no records.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Doom Patrol wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm I'm not entirely sure how accurate the paint codes are on Pete's site to be honest. I don't know why exactly, but no records of the paint used seem to exist. And when you see some of the original paints they used I suspect there was a bit of a random approach to finishing their scooters. Probably why there are no records.
Wasnt there a fire or something years back where the records were kept?
eibarlad

Mate of mine had an early 70’s special . The colour was white with red side panels/horn cast..much like Italian 8080white.
Doom Patrol

purple_pill67 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am
Doom Patrol wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm I'm not entirely sure how accurate the paint codes are on Pete's site to be honest. I don't know why exactly, but no records of the paint used seem to exist. And when you see some of the original paints they used I suspect there was a bit of a random approach to finishing their scooters. Probably why there are no records.
Wasnt there a fire or something years back where the records were kept?
There could have been Glyn. I hadn't heard that. But it would explain it.
loadedscooterist
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special

Hi All, thanks for the comments and I will check out the ideas. I am planning on keeping the side panels blue and thanks for pointing out the Facebook groups that I didn't know existed. Cheers!
Doom Patrol

They might have nailed the Serveta ochre. There has been talk about it on FB today.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information