Paintwork scratch's easy

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

If he won't admit he's got it wrong and refuses to put it right talk to a solicitor, what have you got to lose?
fluff34567

Money claim online for cost of paint and a repaint.
mr mugello

Searching online. Loads of others with issues of soft clear coat. Is this a problem with modern eco paint materials.
coaster

I've had trouble with 2k clear not hardening off on a few occasions and was told if not baked it will take 3 months or more to fully go off.
mr mugello

Did it harden after 3 months like they said, coaster ?
coaster

mr mugello wrote:Did it harden after 3 months like they said, coaster ?
There's the thing, I wasn't told that at the time, I sprayed my Mk3 Cortina with celly then lacquered it to get a wet look shine but was sold 2k which was fairly new then. The shine was great but quite a bit of orange peal so flatted it down with 1200 and compounded but couldn't quite get the shine back. I sold it after a couple of months but a friend saw it a few months later and said it was amazingly shinny :? I guess he must have got the compound on it after a month or 2 and thought WOW.

Sprayed my Mini Marcos with 2k solid which did go off on its own and was fairly bullet proof tbh but the small runs that I tried to flat out were impossible to get the shine back by hand (would have needed a polisher)
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

If spraying a "proper" HS lacquer (quartz liquid glass, Max Meyer 0300 and other decent brands) they are better if you bake them, or at least spray in a warm environment and do a 30% 70% 2 coat process letting it flash off properly in between coats
but if you don't have the facilities to bake then your better off using lacquers such as Max Mayer 0200, Kapci, u-pol or other mid price lacquers as they are nearer an MS lacquer than a HS and you can get away without baking them yet they still "go off"
whatever you do, be it solid 2k or lacquer, read and follow manufacturers instructions regarding mixing and flash off times
Scooterdude

I'm pretty certain mine has been done with single pack base and two pack clear and it's as hard as a coffin nail. The guy who did it was cutting it back after a couple of days.
Scooterdude

Get him on judge Rinder...
mr mugello

Good idea !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information