Stainless bridge piece fit.

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
tippo88

The stainless bridge piece I got from Vietnam required some grinding to fit and even then doesn't come forward enough to cover the gap with the legshields.
Wondering if this is just a bad product and a replacement from an alternative source would solve the problem and be a straightforward fit ?ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

tippo88

Bump. Have ignored this for a while but now want to do something about it.
Any ideas would be welcomed.
Daggs

I can't determine whether you have the front bridge rubber in place?
tippo88

Daggs wrote:I can't determine whether you have the front bridge rubber in place?
I don't have the front rubber in place, but don't think the rubber I have, which I think is a standard one, will make much difference to the gap.

Daggs

Well the bridge position looks about right to me. Add a rubber and the cosmetics will improve.
Up to you ..................
tippo88

Ok thanks, am going to add the front rubber. Have just got an SULK fitting kit so will install both at the same time.
Part of the problem is the paint on the legshields by the bridge pice is bad and so of course it keeps drawing my eye to it

tippo88

tippo88 wrote:Ok thanks, am going to add the front rubber. Have just got an SULK fitting kit so will install both at the same time.
Part of the problem is the paint on the legshields by the bridge pice is bad and so of course it keeps drawing my eye to it Image

I installed the SULK fitting kit and added the front rubber. Looks much better from the top but have a big gap between the bridge piece and the legshield. Wondering if I should try and figure out how ro lower the bridge piece or maybe find some alternative rubber molding that will fill the gap.ImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information