lambretta frame jig work

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

I've been spending lots of time recently rebuilding lots of lambretta frames so I thought I'd share some pics if anyone's interested

bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

thats really interesting and obviously some very accurate work there- as an aside though, at what point does replacing part of the frame start to roll over into the murky area of cutting in an old frame number?

Please note that I'm certainly not implying that there is anything wrong in the above excellant work- just interested on peoples views as to how close you can get to the frame/ IGM number before questions are asked?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
WINTERMODEL150

I think for me it's all about keeping these machines in circulation for otherwise most of the stuff that comes to me would of ended up in the metal skip.
a.j

I was at your place the other week with 'robot's' red GP frame you have posted a pic of. :)
WINTERMODEL150

Hi a.j it was great to meet you guys and I hope 'robot' was happy to get his gp back ready for painting
Robi D

Do you have any rough dimensions for series 1/2 frames? I have to replace the centre stand strut on my ser 2 and my legshields are a bit wavy yet to try and sort it that way. I'd rather some kind of dimensions. I'm a welder fitter by trade amd set in my ways!! Lots of info out there for ser 3 but not much for 1/2. I'm not sure of the placement of my rear hanger either. It looks good until the bottom where it's pressed together. I think it might be bent in towards the frame tube.
Thanks
daniel whiteley
Main scooter: 125 special

It's nice to see the old celette jig brackets being put to use , did you figure out your own bracket selection for the lambretta frame ? I e done many a car on that sturdy old jig but never seen it adapted for a scoot
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Wow great work...I've got a SX200 frame that needs that medication !! G.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Agree great work :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:I think for me it's all about keeping these machines in circulation for otherwise most of the stuff that comes to me would of ended up in the metal skip.
Absolutely. Got no problem with this sort of work at all. It would be a grey area if the numbers had been tampered with. But this is a long way from that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information