Paint

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

few years back got a comp. from Aldi,2 or 2.5 hp about £79 and it came with all the accesories including gravity and suction guns. the gravity gun i preferred didnt last so got a Draper for about £20 and finished the job,pearl and clear came out great for a first attempt. to be fair any limitations were to do with space, i used a gazebo lined with sheeting as a booth in the garden and was lucky with the weather :)
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

I got that one and have even sprayed 2 land rover 90's with it .You just have to be patient
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Gonna keep looking in Aldi hopefully something will turn up during the summer :D
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

A good paintbrush and a roller is the way to go. I haven't tried it yet, but it's the way to go. :lol:
coaster

Doom Patrol wrote:A good paintbrush and a roller is the way to go. I haven't tried it yet, but it's the way to go. :lol:
Not as daft as it sounds, I once painted a grp boat with 2k brushable paint and was amazed that it dries with virually no brush marks....loads of dead flies mind you :?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm serious about giving it a go. It just seems to me that you don't always get into all the little nooks and crannies with a spray gun and anyway under the loop it's not going to make a great deal of difference. You can get lovely finishes with a roller too. But, as you say, probably best not done outdoors on a sunny day. :lol:
AndyS

I used one of the Aldi compressors and a cheap ( £25) spray gun to spray a vespa I bought, that ended up winning best paint at Bridlington. It's not as difficult as you think, take it steady and practice as you go along. I used candy paint, graphics etc looked fine. Have a go see what happens

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=891
sean brady scooters
Dealer

another option here maybe is to just hire a compressor etc from a tool hire firm for a day or two ,and thats how i started out many years ago before i could afford my own of a decent size and capacity
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information