Badge adhesive

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
MisterD
Main scooter: Lambretta Imola GP

There are heaps of different types and thicknesses, that was just the easiest link from googling "3M VHB retail UK", because the hardest bit is finding it in non-industrial quantities.

This is the same stuff in about half the thickness, but there are clear versions too, but you probably don't need 33m of it:

http://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/c-821-3m-5 ... pDXg3kazCQ

The thickness you need is usually governed by how well the things you're bonding match up - thick metal badge onto a curved surface would need thick tape etc.
sydduckett

Was talking to a mate who used to be a sprayer and he said he used to use a tape from Kent industries. The tape when attached to the back of the badge leaves a tacky adhesive that then allows you to fix the badge to the painted surface. Can also remove the badge without the paint coming with it as well apparently.
only problem is I can't find the product on there site. May have been discontinued?

does anybody know of this product or similar?

Ta
sef
warts
Main scooter: honda

The double sided tape is easy to remove using dental floss as a saw.
Easyish to trim round XRi, not so easy all the way round "Lambretta".
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

I used an epoxy resin that I had to mix with a hardener. I put that around the tines from the back of the legshield after I had fitted the badge, then lightly clamped the badge in place. It worked, looks great and the badge is still in place.
Scootermonkey

If there's too much filler for the pins to go through I usually nip them off and use 3M double sided tape. It's what car manufacturers use on their badges and no chance of any glue damaging your paintwork. Try and get the thinnest tape you can
How hard can it be!
Lambretta, the finest scooter............IN THE WORLD!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information