spanish questions

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
sydduckett

Have some questions re Spanish series two,s with turning mudguard. If anyone can help would be great.

Is an italian series 2 headset the same as a spanish series 2 with turning mudguard?

Same with switches on headset?

Are Indian series two legsheilds (with attached mudguard) the same as Spanish series 2 with turning mudguard?

Did spanish series two,s with turning mudguards ever have chrome rings?

Is there any difference between Spanish series 2 with turning mudguard side panels to that of indian or italian series 2,s?

Thanks
Sef
soulsurfer

Is an italian series 2 headset the same as a spanish series 2 with turning mudguard?
Yes, it's the Winter Model that's different.

Same with switches on headset?
Some Spanish have the Series 3 Li switch

Are Indian series two legsheilds (with attached mudguard) the same as Spanish series 2 with turning mudguard?
No, Indian Are a different profile, Italian will fit but runner channel holes are different spacing on Spanish, an easy fix though. You will need to remove mudguard clips from Italian or Spanish legshields.

Did spanish series two,s with turning mudguards ever have chrome rings?
Yes, I believe they all do

Is there any difference between Spanish series 2 with turning mudguard side panels to that of indian or italian series 2,s?
No, they are the same as far as I know.

I hope this helps ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
lambro

Very early Indian legshields were exactly the same as Italian, slightly later ones had lower depth edges and a square in the centre rib towards the floor.
Later Indian went to totally different profile.

Very early Indian sidepanels as above were identical to the Italian except for no big sidepanel badges.
Slightly later were the same profile etc but went to clip on panels, and later again changed profile and had recesses in the sides of the panels.

Neither of my answers helps with the original question though .

Shaun.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

My Spanish S2 has what I think is a S1 light switch. And the chrome ring.
sydduckett

Cheers Lads, im looking at changing an early Indian series two into a Eibar series two. Iv just got it and it already has a Eibar turning mudguard and what i believe is a italian series two headset which i now belleive is the same as the spanish seies two (ta). I think it has the origonal indian (fixed mudguard type) legsheilds and i wanted to know if a spanish horncast will fit this profile?
There is also a big gap between the top of the leggies and the headset, which does not look good. Did Indian series twos have the chrome ring fitted? Im hoping so as it would account for the gap i have.

Brought the scoot off of the sellers section on here if anyone knows how to post the pics on this thread. Its titled series two project.

Thanks
Sef
soulsurfer

lambro wrote:Very early Indian sidepanels as above were identical to the Italian...
Slightly later were the same profile etc but went to clip on panels...
I like the sound of the clip on Italian shape, any idea where I could get some? Is the clip the same as Series 3?

Sorry Sef, had to ask ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information