How Expensive is Paint in the UK?

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
LittleBritishCar
Main scooter: LI 125

The paint and supplies have gone up more than tenfold in California over the past few years. Most of the cost is due to environmental regulations because all of the products have to meet both federal and extremely restrictive state requirements so everything sold in California has its own blend. One can easily spend over $1,000 on medium quality paint supplies while top of the line paint can cost as much as $1,200 a gallon alone! Plus the paint is crap because it has to have super low VOCs.
Muttley McLadd

Looks pretty cheap to me.
CakeAndArseParty
coaster

Prices have increased in the UK too for the same reasons as in the US although perhaps not by as much. Mind you, Custom finishes have always been a LOT more expensive than normal finishes.

We have restrictions on who can buy it as well although you can still usually get hold of 2k and cellelose products via mail order.
bsso78

Muttley McLadd wrote:Looks pretty cheap to me.
I painted me GP in that a couple of years ago, all hail the black bag 8-)
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

You get Californian legislation we get European. I think if you talk to any sprayer over here and they'll tell you it's getting harder and harder. And the stupid thing is these so called environmentally friendly paints aren't really. You have to buy new equipment and I think I'm right in saying that water based paints take far longer to dry as well, so require more energy. Do you want us to send you over some tins of the black stuff? :D
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

I dont think paint is any more expensive now than it ever was.

Good quality paint has always been expensive, custom or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information