Vespa Paint Codes

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
Angelo

Does anyone know how you go about getting paint today in the original coulor Vespa made them in???

I've got the Max Meyer code, I inderstand an American company called PPG bought them over and I've read Colin Judds 'Vespa paint codes cracked' and I'm still non the wiser!

How do I take the Max Meyer code to a modern day paint supplier for him to be able to mix that exact colour or be able to give my painter something he would recognise?

Also is there a powder code match code for the Aluminium Max Meyer 1. 268.0983
ArmandTanzarian

According to this conversion chart PPG 983 is the same as 1.298.0983 Metallizzato Alluminio

http://vespaguide.com/cms/wp-content/up ... to_ppg.pdf
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Angelo

So am I right in thinking if I find a UK supplier of PPG paints and give them 983 that will be the correct aluminium colour?
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

I have been in contact with PPG about a Vespa paint code as well and they sent me what looks like the exact paint code and how to make it, they also sent me the phone number of a local supplier, but I have not followed up on it, due to my misfortune of smashing my other Vespa. I can give you the PPG email address if you need it.
Gary
Angelo

GLscoot wrote:I have been in contact with PPG about a Vespa paint code as well and they sent me what looks like the exact paint code and how to make it, they also sent me the phone number of a local supplier, but I have not followed up on it, due to my misfortune of smashing my other Vespa. I can give you the PPG email address if you need it.
Gary
Thanks Gary, you have a PM.

What about powder coat, does anyone know a powder coat colour that will match the Piaggio aluminium colour they used on the wheels, forks etc?
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Angelo
Returned your PM, I don't know about the powder coat match but I have a set of rims to collect from the coat shop and will post pictures when I go and get them. With silver powder coat there are loads of options, probably more than any other colour.
Gary
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information