Spraying onto 2 Pack

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
des

I want to spray on some Black 2 pack onto a recently sprayed Kawasaki 2 pack green GP, i want to put some black on the top part of the panels and also do the V parts the mudguard and horn casting, like the GP on this months scootering.

What i want to know after fine line masking off the areas to be sprayed is it ok to just key the paint and spray the black directly on or do i need to primer it and then put on the black 2 pack.

Thanks in advance.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

des wrote:I want to spray on some Black 2 pack onto a recently sprayed Kawasaki 2 pack green GP, i want to put some black on the top part of the panels and also do the V parts the mudguard and horn casting, like the GP on this months scootering.

What i want to know after fine line masking off the areas to be sprayed is it ok to just key the paint and spray the black directly on or do i need to primer it and then put on the black 2 pack.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,go straight on with the black but use grey scotch cloth to key up the green first.

The best way to do this is to scotch up the whole panel first then mask up the parts you want to paint black then peel off the fine line tape re scotch the black and then clear coat the whole panel ,this way you will not feel the masked line so much .

Dean
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information