Serveta Colours

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
loadedscooterist
registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:02 pm
ebay user ID: dibuysell
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special
Location: Falkirk
Contact:

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am

Hi All, Does anyone out there have a list of Serveta colours? I have a 1972 150 special and would like to know what the original colour scheme was?

Many Thanks in advance

User avatar
ArmandTanzarian
registered user
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:26 pm
ebay user ID: armand-tanzarian
Location: Kent
Contact:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm not sure if there are any codes available. When I restored mine I found some original paint under the horn cast and had it matched. The internals were an even bigger source of mystery. They painted them all sorts of weird and wonderful colours.

There's a Serveta owners group on Facebook, someone there might know more.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.

User avatar
garry inglis
registered user
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm
ebay user ID: garry52uk
Main scooter: 64 silver special rb200
Location: darlington
Contact:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Go on lambretta archive and click on Spanish paint codes on the left

storkfoot
registered user
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 am
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]
Location: Merseyside
Contact:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 pm

garry inglis wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm
Go on lambretta archive and click on Spanish paint codes on the left
Hmmh, interesting. In terms of Series 2, that is saying that the Italian base grey they used on the main bodywork is the same as used on the Spanish. Having had a Spanish Series 2, I am far from sure mine was.

User avatar
Doom Patrol
registered user
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150 going on 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning
Contact:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm not entirely sure how accurate the paint codes are on Pete's site to be honest. I don't know why exactly, but no records of the paint used seem to exist. And when you see some of the original paints they used I suspect there was a bit of a random approach to finishing their scooters. Probably why there are no records.

User avatar
purple_pill67
registered user
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:29 pm
ebay user ID: purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200
Location: Gloucester
Contact:

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am

Doom Patrol wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm
I'm not entirely sure how accurate the paint codes are on Pete's site to be honest. I don't know why exactly, but no records of the paint used seem to exist. And when you see some of the original paints they used I suspect there was a bit of a random approach to finishing their scooters. Probably why there are no records.
Wasnt there a fire or something years back where the records were kept?

eibarlad
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 pm
Contact:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Mate of mine had an early 70’s special . The colour was white with red side panels/horn cast..much like Italian 8080white.

User avatar
Doom Patrol
registered user
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150 going on 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning
Contact:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 pm

purple_pill67 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am
Doom Patrol wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm
I'm not entirely sure how accurate the paint codes are on Pete's site to be honest. I don't know why exactly, but no records of the paint used seem to exist. And when you see some of the original paints they used I suspect there was a bit of a random approach to finishing their scooters. Probably why there are no records.
Wasnt there a fire or something years back where the records were kept?
There could have been Glyn. I hadn't heard that. But it would explain it.

loadedscooterist
registered user
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:02 pm
ebay user ID: dibuysell
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special
Location: Falkirk
Contact:

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 am

Hi All, thanks for the comments and I will check out the ideas. I am planning on keeping the side panels blue and thanks for pointing out the Facebook groups that I didn't know existed. Cheers!

User avatar
Doom Patrol
registered user
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150 going on 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning
Contact:

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:17 pm

They might have nailed the Serveta ochre. There has been talk about it on FB today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest