Lambretta Rear Brake Adjuster

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Does it help the brake shoes to release after braking? About every 5-600 miles or so, the rear brake starts to bind. I remove the hub, clean out all the dust, put a bit of grease on the cam, and all is fine; for the next 5-600 miles.

Would the spring prevent that?
The brake shoe cam is seizing in the hole that goes through the casing.Remove the cam and clean any rust with fine wet and dry,grease and put the cam back in.To remove the brake cam,first remove the circlip,then the washer,then the brake lever finally the o-ring.The cam can then be slid out from the hub side.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

hat wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 pm I’d switch to the cable with the built in threaded section and do away with this adjuster. One less thing to worry about
I agree with you about the new inner cable with threaded end, but you still need the spring in theory to keep tension on the adjuster nut ;)
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If the brake cam is clean and free of rust,the spring in the brake shoe's should have enough strength to return the lever to its original position,the quick release cable doesn't have a spring.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

HxPaul wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:20 pm The brake shoe cam is seizing in the hole that goes through the casing.Remove the cam and clean any rust with fine wet and dry,grease and put the cam back in.To remove the brake cam,first remove the circlip,then the washer,then the brake lever finally the o-ring.The cam can then be slid out from the hub side.
Thanks for that, Paul.
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

I've used a threaded cable from the rear brake of a piaggio et2 for this if it helps anyone. I've a strong feeling all those 50cc piaggio autos use the same one.
Cheap as chips.
Cut it to size obviously
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information