Fuel leak

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Chip Panfire
Main scooter: Lambretta

I seam to have a small fuel leak between the tank and the petrol tap. I'm I right in thinking that there is a fibre washer that most likely needs replacing or is it the tap itself ? Apologies posted this in the wrong place originally. Many thanks
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Well, it wouldn't do any harm to take it apart and check. I think there may well be a seal in there. Possibly if you turn it around or even flip it over that might do the trick and help it seal better. Otherwise taps are relatively cheap to buy. But get a good one if you go that route.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

It depends on the tap, some have a fibre washer others a plastic one and I have seen an o ring in there on at leat one occasion.

It might just need a slight tighten up.

New taps are cheap enough but all have they're slight 'issues'. OMG ones have a weak plastic connection between the tap and the rod, but you can get an alloy replacement part, they also tend to have a big reserve on the ones with no fuel sender connection and no reserve on those that do.

The Scootopia one has the best space as its more or less the same size as standard but check the flow - I've had one where the inside was loose and blocking the holes, an easy fix though. Reserve is minimal on a standard tank.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information