Can I fit Vespa 125/150 pipes onto a 200 and if so, what do I need to do??

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Raff72

There seem to be a bunch of cheap pipes available from Indonesia. I've used some of their smallframe zorsts in the past and they worked quite well. I am now thinking that I could try and fit a 125/150 pipe onto one of my 200s??

It seems to be a case of using a downpipe fit for purpose??

Any help and or advice would be much appreciated
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

On certain pipes that have a sprung downpipe yes
Done it for a mate who bought a revolver pipe
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Er, no, not unless you graft [cut and weld] a 200 down pipe onto the [indonesian?] box.

125/150 vespa exhausts have a different down pipe exit angle [from the pot] to the 200s. I know because i have cut and shut the two together quite successfully in the past [sito + pipes].

Don't think there is an issue with Lambretta exhausts other than the barrels exhaust stud spacings being different between small and large block motors, same exit angle though.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

HotPearlSnatch wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:13 pm Er, no, not unless you graft [cut and weld] a 200 down pipe onto the [indonesian?] box.

125/150 vespa exhausts have a different down pipe exit angle [from the pot] to the 200s. I know because i have cut and shut the two together quite successfully in the past [sito + pipes].

Don't think there is an issue with Lambretta exhausts other than the barrels exhaust stud spacings being different between small and large block motors, same exit angle though.
Lambretta exhaust studs same on small / large block it's the carb manifold studs tha are different.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Blimey!!!

So my 48mm fresco down pipe will fit my 125 frame breather?

I admit its been a long time since i tried....maybe 30+ years :geek:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information