readspeed 6 plate......

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
shamrockexpress

anybody using the readspeed 6 plate clutch!!!!!
if so whats the pros and cons??
thank in advance
shamrockexpress

shamrockexpress wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:32 am anybody using the readspeed 6 plate clutch!!!!!
if so whats the pros and cons??
thank in advance

ANYBODY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they don't seem to popular!!
coaster

Great bit of kit, some need a little minor filing apparently buy both of mine are running fine, no slip, no drag and light as a feather.
shamrockexpress

thanks coaster, its really a choice between that and the af road both £299,,,,,,,,,,,would like the LTH but£££££££££!!!!!!!!
My wife asked how much is the cheapest i told her the surflex at £16 then quickly turned the tv over to change the subject.......

Anyway looks like the readapted over the AF unless there is a better 300 quid clutch out there,,,,,,,,,
ps i have been using the readspedd 5 plate which has held out until now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its gone!!
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

shamrockexpress wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 am
ps i have been using the readspedd 5 plate which has held out until now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its gone!!
How long did the 5 plate last ? And what kind of power were you putting through it?
coaster

Oops, really sorry Shamrock, completely misread that, my bad, getting old :oops: I have the AF Road clutch, I have no knowledge or experience of the Readspeed 6 plate, didn't realise they did one tbh. I have run with several Readspeed 5 plate clutches which can work if built carefully but for me were a bit marginal in having to accept a degree of drag in order to eliminate slippage. The slight drag always made stop-start riding in traffic a pain as finding neutral if stationary was impossible. The AF Road eliminates that completely, gives a very light lever and you don't need to carry a clutch compressor and spare plates with you on long runs. I just bought my 2nd one direct from AF for £229 incl. No need to soak the plates either
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Same as coaster reedspeed 5 plate slipped on ts230 with 25hp x 20fbt af 6 plate straight in and lovely
shamrockexpress

Scooterdude wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 am
shamrockexpress wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 am
How long did the 5 plate last ? And what kind of power were you putting through it?
Probably last about 2000 miles, which was fine to get the feel of a new engine, ts 230 , gt porcupine head, 34 mm delly race tuned by Martin at chisel speed with the instructions to never see the rear of a GTS 300 again,,,,,,,,even with the 5 plate its doing 84 gps with a franspeed super tourer...So no GTS 300s to be seen.

this will do me nicely.....still no feedback on the readapted they advertise being the original and the best 6 plate out there :roll: :roll:
I'm changing to a chisel speed race exhaust which will up the horse power so hence the new 6 plate clutch :D
coaster wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 am Oops, really sorry Shamrock, completely misread that, my bad, getting old :oops: I have the AF Road clutch, I have no knowledge or experience of the Readspeed 6 plate, didn't realise they did one tbh. I have run with several Readspeed 5 plate clutches which can work if built carefully but for me were a bit marginal in having to accept a degree of drag in order to eliminate slippage. The slight drag always made stop-start riding in traffic a pain as finding neutral if stationary was impossible. The AF Road eliminates that completely, gives a very light lever and you don't need to carry a clutch compressor and spare plates with you on long runs. I just bought my 2nd one direct from AF for £229 incl. No need to soak the plates either
john.t5

Studs, I think Shayne's s type TS1 has a Readspeed 6 plate in it. Now it hasn't been used that much but when I had the motor in my GP it was good, I'm sure I read on here that people had put decent miles on them with no issues but that was maybe 5/6 years ago.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

MB do a similar set up but works out about £70 more expensive.
This but you still need to add plates & steels. https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... 0759k.html

That's probably been made redundant by the MB/BGM 6 plate kit with 10 springs but again £90 more than the Readspeed one.
https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... m0472.html

The AF 6 plate cassette ROAD clutch is difficult to beat at £225. I've used a couple of these and I like them. I've also been using an LTH which I'd put in all my builds if they ever had any in stock.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information