readspeed 6 plate......

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
carlos fandango

Ive had a Readspeed 6 plate since 2010 with an RB225 around 25bhp .......changed to a ts230 topend (less than 25bhp) 3 years ago no probs what so ever and do a lot of miles, I think ive changed the plates once. Also run the 5 plates as well on stdish TS1s no problems either. i tend to run gp200 gearing with 19 or 20 sprockets.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
coaster

carlos fandango wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:33 pm Ive had a Readspeed 6 plate since 2010 with an RB225 around 25bhp .......changed to a ts230 topend (less than 25bhp) 3 years ago no probs what so ever and do a lot of miles, I think ive changed the plates once. Also run the 5 plates as well on stdish TS1s no problems either. i tend to run gp200 gearing with 19 or 20 sprockets.
My 5 plate was a 47 tooth as well and was ok for several thousand miles on my Avanti. Put one in my TS1 with Ancilotti exhaust and again it was fine buy when I swapped the pipe to an expansion, it couldn't cope when it hit the power band. I suspect I could have fixed it with some additional fettling but I don't think I'll go back now, a LOT more money mind but hopefully will only need friction discs replacing (£25)
shamrockexpress

Thanx for all the suggestions looks like the AF road..........
john.t5 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:02 pm Studs, I think Shayne's s type TS1 has a Readspeed 6 plate in it. Now it hasn't been used that much but when I had the motor in my GP it was good, I'm sure I read on here that people had put decent miles on them with no issues but that was maybe 5/6 years ago.
Hi John,,,,if shane isn't using his much maybe i could borrow it,,,,lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information