SCOOTOPIA IGNITION SWITCH PROBLEM

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
shamrockexpress

put on a new scootopia ignition switch , ignition circuit on/off no problem but no lights!!!!!!!!!!!
Power is going in ok on brown feed no return power on orange for dip switch, no power return on purple for break light, no return power on black for tail light,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,quoite sure all the circuits are working fine ,,,
SO ANYBODY ELSE USING THESE IGNITION SWITCHES??????????
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

If you have a multimeter you should be able to test the connections in each of the positions.

Is it an AC or DC system?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

shamrockexpress wrote:put on a new scootopia ignition switch , ignition circuit on/off no problem but no lights!!!!!!!!!!!
Power is going in ok on brown feed no return power on orange for dip switch, no power return on purple for break light, no return power on black for tail light,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,quoite sure all the circuits are working fine ,,,
SO ANYBODY ELSE USING THESE IGNITION SWITCHES??????????
i had the same problem with the last swich i bought from afr ,i needed to put a power feed to another wire as well, i think it was the purple, and hey presto it worked.
lambro

I use loads of these and have no problems.
Have you powered up the purple wire?
Connect into the brown feeds and that should fix your problems.

Shaun.
shamrockexpress

When purple is connected to brown (live) still nothing, coming back on the orange or yellow..............
this is with my bulb tester I will try the multimeter later and buzz out the switching, I,m a sparkie and it should have been a straight forward change over the switch I removed worked fine with same connections only the key falls out........
pretty sure its a Friday afternoon switch :twisted: :twisted:

I wish they would forget about spending money on engraving logos and numbers and spend that few pound extra on the key switch mechanism...............turn the key in a jap ignition and it makes the best lambretta switches out there look MICKEY MOUSE :roll: :roll:
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

shamrockexpress wrote:When purple is connected to brown (live) still nothing, coming back on the orange or yellow..............
this is with my bulb tester I will try the multimeter later and buzz out the switching, I,m a sparkie and it should have been a straight forward change over the switch I removed worked fine with same connections only the key falls out........

I wish they would forget about spending money on engraving logos and numbers and spend that few pound extra on the key switch mechanism...............turn the key in a jap ignition and it makes the best lambretta switches out there look MICKEY MOUSE :roll: :roll:
mine only worked with power into the brown and into the purple, have you tried both at the same time ?
lambro

shamrockexpress wrote:When purple is connected to brown (live) still nothing, coming back on the orange or yellow..............

Odd.
What did they say when you rang them??
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Probably a made in China switch but branded as Italian , LOADS of crap for scooters being made in China or Vietnam
and then re packaged as Made in Italy...... Big con going on . G :twisted:
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Probably built a village in China called Italy. :shock: :shock:
lambro

Not advertised as Italian, not made out to be Italian and not sold as Italian, (w@nk3r smilie)
Its sold as a good reproduction switch, which is exactly what it is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information