Franspeed Race

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

Evening All......

Anyone else had any difficulties fitting a Franspeed Race end can for a race pipe on a series 2 ? Mines been a right b**ch to fit... The end can catches my rear handle on the side panel, the rear panel hits one of the fixing springs when I sit on the bike and bounce it ( could be sorted by a better shock I would assume?) all in all not fitting like the old end can !!! and to top it all it's a different fitting end can now so I can not use the old one on the new pipe and at a very tasty 300 quid I don't fancy 'bastardizing' the bracket....... I have it fitted but it's with a few additional washers to pack out the rear support bush to keep it away from hitting the handle, filed the handle slightly...... So any one else? :roll:
ANDY FRANCIS
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA GP

Hello Arborman It sounds like you have fitted a series 3 TSI Race to a series 2 scooter, the latter has more clearance at the rear and has a different mounting bracket. Regards Andy Francis.
Arborman

'bugger' didn't know there was a difference, its for my RB so I thought they were somewhat standard but I guess not .... Anything I can do without changing the whole pipe but just the rear fixing and mounting bracket to give me the clearance Andy ?
Arborman

Sorted..... little bit of work and I am happy with it.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information