didnt expect that.

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
bazza3004

Ok, for the past year ive been running a GT186 kit (which I really don't have a bad word to say about) and have just swapped it for an Imola 186.
I have set the carb to the suggested jetting and got the squish to 1.3-1.4mm.
I thought I would leave the gearing as per GT set up whilst running in, which is LI150 gearbox with 16/46 sprockets.
Now after reading lots of posts etc regarding gear ratios for the Imola ,I did not expect it to pull very well at all with a 4th gear ratio of 4.89/1 , especially with my 16-17 stone bulk sat on top of it.
Have to say not only does it pull 4th no problem , it seems to pull it better than the GT kit did.
The full set up is :- Latest version Imola 186 with matched transfers,matched and flowed exhaust and inlet cleaned up a little,AF crank 58/107 with welded pin,30mm Dellorto phbh , Franspeed race exhaust and as stated previously LI150 Italian box with 16/46 cogs.Also ive a lightened flywheel (2kg) on the way thanks to Corrado) to run with my sil stator(timing set to 17* static)
So summing up,whilst I realise im still running it in this kit has after one or two build problems that I managed to rectify myself, has so far more than lived up to my hopes and expectations regarding performance.
Steve Gp

I have pretty much the same spec, just with a af lightened flywheel and a jl4 exhaust. The power just keeps coming the harder you rev it.
The problem I had with it was, I holed 2 pistons, problem was the float valve, I was running out of petrol, all the timing and jetting was spot on, was just running out of petrol on hard run, went from a 250 to a 350. Not had any problems since.
bazza3004

I put in a 300 when i put the kit on. That was the biggest my my jet etc supplier does so fingers crossed.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Swapped as in have the gt kit for sale??
Donnie.
bazza3004

make me an offer. kit is still on original 64mm bore and comes with porcupine head and brand new 65.5mm Makita piston in case you should want to bore and stroke it.
Donnie

Dunno what these go for second hand to be honest.
Donnie.
Donnie

Mind you my eagerness is probably got the better of me anyway as probably can't afford it til may anyway :( need to suss out a decent exhaust for the current motor first.
Donnie.
bazza3004

no worries mate.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I had 87mph on the GPS out of my imola for a short stint the other day .
TBH it bloody terrifies me sometimes as it doesnt handle half as well as it goes. :lol:
bazza3004

nice one nellyboyo I don't think il be trying to achive that kind of speed , well not until I get the front disc conversion :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information