Jump start scooter with powerpack.

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
lcs99

Got a auto-xs car power station (portable battery pack). Can i jump start a scooter and motorbike with this? or will it be to powerful and blow fuses etc. This is the type that you just leave in place and clip on the power pack.
Ricko

A picture paint a thousand words......I have an engine starter that is made for this purpose, however if your unit is only small I doubt it will have the power to do so. Is it just a battery encased in a plastic body with a lighter socket and charge switch on it........the type I you can use for camping fishing ect?
coaster

lcs99 wrote:Got a auto-xs car power station (portable battery pack). Can i jump start a scooter and motorbike with this? or will it be to powerful and blow fuses etc. This is the type that you just leave in place and clip on the power pack.
If that's the sort of thing with jump leads attached then yes, it'll be fine, I've used one on my GTS and also jump started it off my car from time to time. So long as it's 12 volts, it's impossible to have too much power, the starter on your auto will only take what it needs.
lcs99

Cheers guys, just checking, thought i might blow something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information