registration problems/dvla/police

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

bought a indian gp frame from a lad over a year ago, having built from scratch my spiderman gp 185,from a box o stuff which i bought from ebay!

so, the 200 frame, turned up, and between purchasing and receiving the frame, i asked the seller about getting it registered, .He assured me it would be easy, using the frame and engine numbers.

So, frame arrives, no docs genuine sil numbers stamped into the frame. and lad emails me pics o his newly built scoot, with a vin plate rivetted onto chassis and black ink number---same as on my chassis.

Anyway, we had a bit of a cyber fight, and iv built and motd my 200, its had a vehicle inspection, and sure enogh it flagged up 2 gp 200s with same chassis numbers (i told the dvla this wouldbe the case)

anyhow, its been months, and i went to dvla yesterday. asked what was state of play.seems dvla down south reckon his vinplate pot rivet job is genuine, and the dvla up here, reckon my stamped in the frame sil is genuine!!Stalemate!

So, the police are getting involved now, and i await the police inspection of my scooter from them,

I was always under the impression that it was illegal to sell a frame /car/bike etc without the proper documentation.

anyone offer any help?

Wonder what, if anything the police can/will do?
I know he has a brand new unstamped frame, and mine is original, but try telling the dvla who are by no way exert in these cases, hope the police are on the ball?
Last edited by weedodger on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weedodger

Sorry for grammar,pc key problems,
weedodger

pic o lads sccot wi plate.
RICSPEED

shouldnt frame be stamped in the usual place as well as the vin plate ?

and vin should be under the tool box door between the tap and choke

if his has only a vin plate but yours is stamped as well as a vin i would say yours in the genuine one
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
mac

That's doesn't look like a SIL vin plate, it looks more like a sticker!

All the SIL scooters I've seen with a VIN plate also have the frame stamped.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

That's a vin plate you can buy off ebay for £3.99 and it's scribed as opposed to stamped..I'd get the law involved or better still go round and pummel the cvnt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
weedodger

problem is im in jockland, hes away down south, the police are involved now,im gonna chase em up tho, i just cant understand, to me its a simple ase,

why would anyone smooth over the original sil imprinted number on the frame, which is the identifiable scooter mark? and put a vin plate on it.
Also, the guy who sold the frame to me, no obviously has the same number as me!! so why dont the police/dvla see this? i have the ebay transaction, it says scooter frame and panels, although it was last year, so obviously it wont show all transaction details, but surely iv enough info to claim ownership.

Its pissin me off now, iv a lammy ready for paint, with all my quality chrome ready to go on, all my accesories too, and an engine to finish,

has anyone come across this afore, ?
cheers
clubbook

weedodger wrote:problem is im in jockland, hes away down south, the police are involved now,im gonna chase em up tho, i just cant understand, to me its a simple ase,

why would anyone smooth over the original sil imprinted number on the frame, which is the identifiable scooter mark? and put a vin plate on it.
Also, the guy who sold the frame to me, no obviously has the same number as me!! so why dont the police/dvla see this? i have the ebay transaction, it says scooter frame and panels, although it was last year, so obviously it wont show all transaction details, but surely iv enough info to claim ownership.

Its pissin me off now, iv a lammy ready for paint, with all my quality chrome ready to go on, all my accesories too, and an engine to finish,

has anyone come across this afore, ?
cheers
Only on something that its not!!!!!!!!
weedodger

well. things looking up, i have the backing of the british lambretta arrchive and Pete Davies, who is gonna investigate on my behalf,he knows his stuff,and his day job happily for me is with th police :lol: :bigsm: and assures me that mines is legit and the other scoot is not, fingers crossed,
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

mate of mine had something similar on a scoot he`d won in a raffle ,when it came to registering it it was flagged up as having a matching v.i.n. number as another scoot , anyway to cut a long story a bit shorter ,copper from the stolen vehicle thingy came round to inspect it ,looked at the frame number and asked my mate if he`d put the numbers on with a chisel , they looked so amateurish , he`d showed the copper a paragraph in Sticky book about how s**t the numbers were stamped .......sorted !! copper pulls out a set of punches and whacks an X on the end of the v.i n. numbers....... done !
hopefully thats what needs doing to yours to sort it out
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information