SIP speedo hook up

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
do-the-dog
noob
Main scooter: Li150,GP200, Rally 200. GT200

I have read the posts here and LCGB about the SIP speedo problems. Unfortunately, I purchsaed the SIP speedo before reading about the problems.

I have a Li150 kitted to a RB200. Ineed some help with the speedo hook up. I have a MB simplified 12v wiring loom fitting to a BM\GM 120 stator and lightended flywheel. I have decided for space reasons to run the speedo wire ( red, brown and black ) to the rear of the sccot near the regulator. I was going to join the read and brown together and join them to the yellow going into the regulator from the stator. I dont think this is a good idea as it is unregulated? Is the red coming out of the stator a better option. I have the same loom as shown in the last diagram of "The bible".

Also, the entire engine with cables is all hooked up, and I dont want to drop the engine and shroud to f*** around with a dremel in order to make the plug sensor fit. So, does anyone have any tips or different ways that the sensor can be fitted. I think I read somewhere about a " plumbing copper olive fitting on the spark plug" instead of the ring?????

Cheers Dave
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Just join the red and brown speedo wires into the loom main power ,usually the brown in the headset. Anything else and you will probably blow the speedo.
Spursy
Main scooter: Series 2 Bgm Race-Tour

i run a an li , with ignition switch ,,,, i just joined brown and red together and joined to the brown from the loom ,,,and the black earth to to the head set earth ,,,,

dont forget to buy a resistor plug and cap ,,,,,, or it will freeze ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i drilled the head and tapped the heat sensor in there, or you can fit the sensor between the fins with out the red bit on it as close the spark plug area as you can ,, works a treat
if ya need any setting give us a shout
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information