Re: 12V DC CONVERSION - HOW TO

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
soulsurfer

They're not plastic, they're all alloy, designed like that for cooling.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Lambrettatastic

soulsurfer wrote:They're not plastic, they're all alloy, designed like that for cooling.
ah thanks mate ,just looked plastic on some of the ebay pics,i will stop moaning and go order one !!
PRE0ATS
Main scooter: Li Silver Special

For those of you who'd rather leave the stator soldering to someone else, I've just noticed that Beedspeed are now offering their reworked SIL stators pre-wired for the Wassell/full DC conversion, at no extra cost :wink: :

http://beedspeed.com/product_info.php?c ... ts_id=9269
Devlam
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 Special

PRE0ATS wrote:For those of you who'd rather leave the stator soldering to someone else, I've just noticed that Beedspeed are now offering their reworked SIL stators pre-wired for the Wassell/full DC conversion, at no extra cost :wink: :

If I want to do an off the shelf version of this then for my build (I have to replace everything anyway) I could get all of this from beedspeed I think!

Re worked SIL Stator
Wassell Regulator
Ducati CDI
Lightened GP Flywheel
along with Agusto 6000

But which loom do I need?

Is there anything else I need?

This is for an Imola build
Devlam
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 Special

Devlam wrote:
PRE0ATS wrote:For those of you who'd rather leave the stator soldering to someone else, I've just noticed that Beedspeed are now offering their reworked SIL stators pre-wired for the Wassell/full DC conversion, at no extra cost :wink: :

If I want to do an off the shelf version of this then for my build (I have to replace everything anyway) I could get all of this from beedspeed I think!

Re worked SIL Stator
Wassell Regulator
Ducati CDI
Lightened GP Flywheel
along with Agusto 6000

But which loom do I need?

Is there anything else I need?

This is for an Imola build

oh yeh -- would like to have option/loom for battery as well.
mark

use a std ac loom just connect light feed to battery along with wassel red wire
Lambrettatastic

just rebuilt my engine so all ready to go on this conversion,just about to connect it up and i have noticed i have 3 yellow wires from to reg,aswell as the red and black,so any ideas what to do with the third unwanted yellow should i just terminate it?
coaster

Lambrettatastic wrote:just rebuilt my engine so all ready to go on this conversion,just about to connect it up and i have noticed i have 3 yellow wires from to reg,aswell as the red and black,so any ideas what to do with the third unwanted yellow should i just terminate it?
You need to trace where each wire is terminated on the stator, start with the LT coil (green) red SHOULD be the pickup and there SHOULD be an earth wire (white). You are then left with one wire from each end of the 3 lighting coils. I'm pretty sure that my West Coast Windings stator doesn't have 2 yellows for the DC, I'm away from home at the moment so can't check :(
soulsurfer

Lambrettatastic wrote:just rebuilt my engine so all ready to go on this conversion,just about to connect it up and i have noticed i have 3 yellow wires from to reg,aswell as the red and black,so any ideas what to do with the third unwanted yellow should i just terminate it?
You have a 3 phase regulator, you need a single phase with two yellows, like this...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BSA-NORTON-TRIUMP ... 3367fd26c4
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
coaster

Ignore me, I thought you were talking about the stator :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information