Forks Help

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
MattsDad

Need some help as nearly had another off today at Elvington with a double wheelie!

Has anyone put Lammy forks in a PX? Wanting to know if it will lengthen wheelbase, change rake / trail, are they heavier etc? Losing about half a second on the start and my blood pressure can't cope either.

Cheers.
COCKSPEED TUNING
sean brady scooters
Dealer

youd be better off moving your engine back a few inch...although the use of lammy forks etc may put a bit more weight on the front end... :lol:
or maybe get some wheelie bars........
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
MattsDad

Cheers Sean, can't do wheelie bars in the street class unfortunately. Thought about a sub frame to move the engine back but that would need a plate or bracket adding to accept the top of the shock outside of the frame which is sort of moving it into the next race class. Are Lammy a fair bit heavier then?
COCKSPEED TUNING
sean brady scooters
Dealer

lammys are generally a bit heavier than vespas ,but they also have a slightly longer wheel base..as std
most lammy sprinters will also have their frames extended 4 to 6 inch plus being raked...
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
MattsDad

I think wheelbase is the answer but its a bit of an effort to extend a PX frame and I'm not sure if its in the spirit of street class either, got ribbing for taking the panels off. I'll mock a set up, if it gives me an extra inch and a bit heavier it can only help.
COCKSPEED TUNING
jonny snatchsniffer

surely if you rode a lammy chop for instance as your mode of transport you could enter street class with it. so cut it down or fill the toolbox with some ballast
dirtyhandslopez

Lead or concrete in the fork tube?
That's not going anywhere...
MattsDad

Put them in today, worked out well as its let me lower the back end too.

COCKSPEED TUNING
timdig

tony where wer you 2day? u missed a gud un . i wernt sprinting myself tho. iv never been ribbed 4 running without panels n frame mods are ok in the rule book. tim
MattsDad

Only got back from hols on Friday.
Wasn't too bothered about the points today as still way off Russ and the RB but hoping to close the gap next month with the above and some other stuff I've done. :) Hopefully It'll give me the 0.07 I need to be the fastest PX ever.
Keen to see todays results, not missed one for a while!?
COCKSPEED TUNING
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information