Then & now

Show photo's of your scootering history, dont be shy, we all looked stupid back in the day :)
sp1v

This was my first scooter bought around '79 from an old local guy it was his daily transport, 1959 LI150 S1. Think it cost something like £75.

Then when I was 16 in '83 I bought a new PK50 (as well as a ridiculously large p155 pot lid) from York Suzuki Centre it cost £475. I nipped it about 6 months later and my local motorbike shop charged me £400 to repair it (mmmm!).

I then bought a really sweet dark blue & chrome LI150 S3 cutdown off a lad at York college for about £300 around '84 - no photos though. While I was at York I bought a Spanish SX200 in lots of boxes off a mate's brother from Pickering cost something like £150 but was very incomplete. I kept this for years then around '94 I took it to Street Beat and had it painted & rebuilt, standard 200 at the time then later had a Honda 205 fitted at Chis.

I had GP headset & panels fitted as I preferred the look but frame & leggies were standard Spanish.

This was written off about 2 years later when some old boy cut across me at traffic lights near home and I smashed into side of him, wrote bike off, snapped bars and burst & broke me hand.

This was then reframed and rebuilt into SX200 style Orange & White. Also had a TS225 fitted at same time as insurance were paying, ahem.

Sold this and then in '98 I bought a new PX200 from MSC on tick about £1900 at time. I had them fit a semi hydraulic front end before I picked it up. This was just before they brought the disc model out.

Kept that for a while then sold on to a mate and bought a GP150 and set about rebuilding it around '00/'01. A car sprayer mate sprayed it metallic BRG and I put a TS225 engine in, "Cum on Feel the Noize" - no photos. Great bike but the taxman caught up with me and I had to sell to pay him, gutted. Bit later I bought a turquoise GP200 with TS225 and rode that for a while - no photos before building a Vespa cutdown "Menace".

Lovely looking thing but I could never get it to run right nor could a well known professional scooter mechanic/builder who shall remain nameless. Eventually broke it up and sold on, shame as it looked the nuts imo.

Then had a couple of Vespas but around '03/'04 drifted out of the scene. In '07 I bought MotoGp but never really rode it much as such will be putting it up for sale shortly, just put 12m ticket on it.

Then a few months ago after chatting with a mate I've known 40 years who was looking to buy his first Vespa I got the bug again and decided to give it all another go. Managed to buy this last week and had it couriered up from Devon.

I know this lot won't be everyone's cuppa but at the time they were what I was in to and these two I own now are how I like scooters to look, cheers for watching, see you on the road sometime maybe.
Last edited by sp1v on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

great history..and still love your motogp :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Agree great bit of history and thanks for sharing :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
sp1v

Cheers fellas, Andy keep yer eyes peeled, I'll be selling the MotoGp shortly, will list it on here first to see how it goes but I appreciate money's tight at the moment, talking from experience :(
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Andy keep yer eyes peeled
I wish, with the Jet now in the fold the inn is full and the wallets empty :D , I remember watching it on ebay when you bought it..great looking scooter and now copied in the far east as Mark (pride) scooter is, you will have no problems moving it on thats a fact
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
jaffa1
Main scooter: series 1 framebreather

Hi i built Moto GP originally and always regretted selling it, would love to buy it back but as you say moneys short,times are hard! Its nice to know that its still around though.
sp1v

How's it going jaffa, yep never had the chance to get out on it much tbh and kind of missed my old malossi so will be selling shortly if I can't get away with keeping it, I've honestly probably only put about 50 miles on it since I bought it, cheers
jackskater
Main scooter: vespa t5 millenium RAT

your silver px used to belong to one of the guys in his club, i considered buying it but no cash so i stuck with me t5 ;)
sp1v

Small scootering world isn't it :biggrin:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information