as history as chequered as a mods mudflap.

Show photo's of your scootering history, dont be shy, we all looked stupid back in the day :)
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

will try to dig out some photos of the many scooters ive owned since 1982 and put up a few of the deathtraps and sweethearts ive ridden all over this fair country on.
onse scoot i always regretted selling was this macca masterpiece, rumour said the most expensive scooter paint job he'd done to date in 1982, bought it in 1987 from russell sutton for 250 quid, it changed hands a couple of times after me and is now in a garage at greenhil in Sheffield where its been sleeping since they changed the leaner legal laws..

i swapped this TV175 with a psychobilly guy in 1988 for my px125 and even though it was on its last legs it had more character than Davy crocket, its sadly now deader than davy crocket. clocked up 8000 miles in a year with six volt points,no back light ,no brake light,no front brake cable,no speedo,wheelbarrow tyres and no top fork bearing!!!

possibly a cut down electronic GP, def a late gp200 but without the frame support we'll never know. owned by Johnny boy and me for the 1994 season and modified extensively by ecentric Des with a home made theme...

Warming to our chopper theme we aquired a tv175 frame already chopped and treated it to a shocking pink and purple paintjob, we didnt treat it to insurance, tax or test. Jeremy Howlet wasnt in much of a sweat when the judges got to the best of show trophy....
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
mawso

The electric blue cutdown was owned by a guy who lived around the corner from me when I was at primary school. Think Sean (Brady) may have even painted it. The owner used to spend hours bumping it off down the hill. This bike and a GP called "It takes heart" that used to park across the road were probably the first scooters I got up close to and got me hooked on Lambrettas.
RICSPEED

mawso wrote:Think Sean (Brady) may have even painted it.

think you may be right there :D

certainly looks to be seans style
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Supereibar

That is ugly as hell.. but I love it :D :fb:
ArmandTanzarian

"....possibly a cut down electronic GP..."

Oh what it was to be young and surrounded by worthless wrecks that could be thrashed, chopped up, thrashed again, thrown away and replaced with something else for the same money we'd now pay to fill our cars with petrol.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
alcoholic maniacs sc

RICSPEED wrote:
mawso wrote:Think Sean (Brady) may have even painted it.

think you may be right there :D

certainly looks to be seans style
it was painted by Sean Brady, it came to Sheffield in the mid eigthies and for some reason was famous as a "tailgunner bike". ie the owner would be bumping it up and down the road after everyone else had kicked theirs up and set off. with its metalic blue snett and shower pipe over the cables i thought it was the sexiest scoot in town. i didnt eveen consider a non functioning front brake or no rear lights as a yard stick for its reliability. i swapped my 8 month old px125 efl for it and did i regret it?. NOT ONE BIT!. fitted with a AF square back seat for the bird i was one of the players now, oily fingers,loads of noise from my blown baffle over kickstart fully chromed fresco,sleeping rough next to my scoot cus the steering lock was drilled in situe and padlocks were expensive, ditchfinder avon tyres gave an all or nothing cornering technique.braking was performed on uphill starts by my girlfriend putting her feet down to stop the so-so back brake letting us roll backwards under the weight of two people!to this day i dont like hydraulic brakes as i have mastered the avoidance technique in the high stakes school of riding,this bike however ate 300 mile roundtrips to rallies for breakfast. then in 1987 with the matt black trend at its height i bloody BBQ painted it!!fitted a gp back light and sold it within a few weeks, totally ruined. last saw it on the A57 manchester road just outside sheffield painted in Sheff utd colours on full bodywork again in maybe '88?. i am currently toying with the idea of replicating it on my indian GP.
alcoholic maniacs sc

Speed Demon wrote:http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... os1001.jpg

Was she the girlfriend? 8-)
yeah the girl with the silver tv175 on italian plates. irish air hostess , first girl i ever met who wore thongs (reserved in them days for Soho strip shops and rugby players) that tv175 ended up fully restored and just lost its appeal. every time a bike improved to polishing condition their usability just declined. i polished the girlfriend to a fine buff and lost interest in her too. :twisted:
Speed Demon
Dealer

Considering the pink lambretta lowrider and the ginger MC Hammer haircut I think you were more than punching above your weight - impressive work :D
Get to SULK
alcoholic maniacs sc

Speed Demon wrote:Considering the pink lambretta lowrider and the ginger MC Hammer haircut I think you were more than punching above your weight - impressive work :D
:biggrin: thats not me its one of the proclaimers. read any 80's copy of scootering and marvel at the sleevless t-shirts and haircuts!when you look at how the people who we grew up with change its similar to how our scoots have changed.its my best mate and long term stupidity collaborator.
maybe Ryhll 86?
west coast of italy still fixing scoots in 2008, he's more grey than ginger now (thank god!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information