Runner 180 2t engine scull cap bolts.

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Bombay Mix Pilot

Hi All, Back again after a while away hope all are well. My question is - Anyone know what torque loading the scull cap / cylinder head cover bolts are tightened to ? Looked everywhere and can't find it , even in my workshop books. Don'want to get it wrong as it keeps the coolant in.

Thanks in advance

Andy
Bombay Mix Pilot

Having had a look at the parts again I'm thinking possibly that the plain section of the bolts acts like a shoulder that butts up against the cylinder at the thread and this is the necessary depth that allows the seal etc to work. It's the only way I can think of it working as no one has any different suggestions. Odd how this has no torque value but hey it's Italian.

Andy
Bombay Mix Pilot

Hi Again, Decided to get on with the job and tightened the bolts to 11Nm, the bolts don't seem to have bottomed out against the shoulder and the seal/gasket don't seem to be badly squashed/deformed. Will hopefully remember when ever I get it in the scooter with all the fluids in and running without leaks to give an update.

Andy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information