Ypvs

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
gideon

Hi All. Could any one tell me if a rd 350 Ypvs engine cradle was welded onto a lambretta frame would the engine be central to the lambretta steering column.i think I've seriously messed things up lol. Thanks Sean
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

As far as I got mine in mind, the cradle sits centrally, but the engine is not sitting centrally in the cradle itself, because the clutch cover is exceeding the cradle.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

its slightly more complicated than that, the engine mountings are not in the middle of the cradle, they are off-set to one side, when i built mine i fitted the engine and cases into the cradle so i could work out how to get the lambretta frame and yamaha cradle to line up, so i could get my bodywork to be in the center and inline with the steering column. this adds a new problem that your swinging arm will not be central so i made some spacers to off- set the rear wheel in the arm to move the wheel to be inline with the front wheel, these projects are not a 5 min job, good luck with your build, feel free to pm me if you want any more detail,
steve
gideon

if I run a straight edge from the cylinder head to the steering column there is a noticeable difference in gap either side. When I was doing a trial run I tried to put the centre of the barrels inline with the lambretta frame. I hope this makes sense lol Sean
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes mine is more over to one side, as said the sides of the engine case are wider on one side than the other when compared to the barrel positioning, some space could be saved if the clutch cover is altered, its wider than needed, probably 2cm or so.it would be easy to work out if the barres were central to the engine case, and if the mountings were as well, symetrical, but sadly they are not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information