gts 300 cooling fan

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
noggin1969

Riding the GTS 300 today and i noticed the orange "injection telltale light" ( handbook light D ) had come on so i pulled over. The cooling fan was running but the temp gauge was showing normal. I turned engine off and waited 10 mins or so and then started engine again the temp gauge was down to the bottom but the fan kicked in again. I checked fluid levels and all were ok but the fan is on constant. Any ideas ? Hoping to go to The Garden of England rally on Friday but don't fancy it if the engine is wrong its only 3 mnth old and has 3000 on the clock and had it's 1000 service.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Has a mind full of useless s**t and isn't afraid to use it !
e type

i dont ride a 300 but if ur unsure take it back to the dealer as its under warrenty still 8-)
J1MS

Probably just the thermostat being a little too sensative and the fan is coming on too early... Warranty is there for a reason, get back to the shop and let them sort it...
noggin1969

Scoot back at the dealers tomorrow , had a chat with them and they said as a saftey measure the fan is set to come on constantly to protect the engine if a fault develops which is good to know at least theres no chance of boiling the engine up.
noggin1969

Went over to Smalley Cross and they had a look at the GTS , after letting it stand for half an hour they checked it on the diagnostic box and the radiator temp sensor was showing 132 degrees !!!!!!! think we may have found the problem lol so new temp sensor and a new fan unit ( just in case the constant running has damaged the bearings ) on order under warrenty and a full tank of petrol for my trouble bonus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information