Insuring Converted Scooters

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Just wondering if it`s straightforward or not to declare the changes to your insurance company after conversion and who would be the best to deal with?
My plan is to have a 500cc Tax and MOT exempt Zundapp Bella.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi bofs, short answer, yes, if not you wont be covered. i insured my gp350lc with everything declared,yamaha 350 engine microns front and rear discs metalflake paint, plus much more and it cost me less than a hundred pounds as i insured my rb250 as well in a duel bike policy, ideal if you have another scooter as well, peter james is the company, and it was the same price this year which i was very impressed with, obviously how old you are and where you live affects the price a lot, cheap insurance is one of the few benefits of being an old git like me.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Cheers for that Holty, it all sounded great until I saw the dreaded no cover for Northern Ireland on his site :(
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

there an insurance company in northern Ireland insuring modified bikes and cars , I rang them about my vw crewcab , I cant remember the name , there a new company , google it and ill try to get you the name.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information