Scomadi 400

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

Hi,
I’ve been following the rider reports of the smaller cc Scomadi’s and they appear to be to be mixed. However the thought of a 400cc (and mainly the power that can deliver) makes me interested. The engine is reported to be a copy of the Moto Morini 400cc short crankcase automatic scooter engine. Anyone know the potential bhp and mph?

Treeman
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Theres a write up about it in this months SULK http://www.scooterlab.uk/new-400cc-scom ... icma-news/
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Interested about the new forks with longer travel. At the moment, Scomadi forks fit a Lambretta. I wonder if this would still be the case for the new ones?
jonzo172

Treeman wrote:Hi,
I’ve been following the rider reports of the smaller cc Scomadi’s and they appear to be to be mixed. However the thought of a 400cc (and mainly the power that can deliver) makes me interested. The engine is reported to be a copy of the Moto Morini 400cc short crankcase automatic scooter engine. Anyone know the potential bhp and mph?

Treeman
Around 28 - 30 RWHP

Also from Scomadi.com the engine isn't a copy.

"Scomadi in association with their European Distributor Mr Robert Olsthoorn recently made the acquisition of all of the necessary tooling and moulds for the Moto Morini 400cc short crankcase automatic scooter engine along with all of the IP and design rights. This will enable Scomadi to take further steps towards becoming self sufficient in engine supply for all their own machines."
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

A 400 engine in a Scomadi ought to be interesting. That's a lot of power for a little scooter.
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Can't keep up with it. Been waiting to see reviews on 200 model, which I have; then a 400 model is dangling in the near future. Not ready for a Scomadi yet as my clutch hand not suffering too bad from arthritis yet, but probably will be by time the 400 comes out.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Doom Patrol wrote:A 400 engine in a Scomadi ought to be interesting. That's a lot of power for a little scooter.
It's not that little Neville... ;)
Did you have to do that?
Doom Patrol

True. I'll never complain about a Vespa having a fat arse again. :D
jonzo172

Doom Patrol wrote:A 400 engine in a Scomadi ought to be interesting. That's a lot of power for a little scooter.
More impressive is the torque it develops apparently... no figures though.
Doom Patrol

I can't help thinking it sounds a bit over the top though. If it's got that much power and phenomenal torque it's going to be like riding everywhere on autopilot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information