Scomadi TL200 vs GTS300 1,000 miles and dyno

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Speed Demon
Dealer

Having seen with interest the criticism of Scomadi reviews elsewhere (too many testers with the same opinion, quoted speeds based on wishful thinking) it's great to be able to put out a review from an owner who's done a respectable distance back-to-back with the main competitor vehicle in the class.

Thanks very much to Bill Mac for his efforts in giving SULK readers a quality report on what it's like to do distance on a Scomadi 200.

http://www.scooterlab.uk/scomadi-tl200- ... t-feature/

Posted here because people not logged in can't seem to see our posts in the Dealer Innovation section for some reason, and it's not like this is a Dealer Innovation anyway, just a link to a useful article...
Get to SULK
Ken Tucky

A very well written and informative review.
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

Good balanced write up that.
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
shocky

Fantastic review
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Really nice unbiased and honest factual report. Good reading.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

great review and 500 miles in one trip on a new scoot two up needs to be applauded plus the more i see these scomadi im getting more interested but i think i will let all the gremlins get sorted and wait to see what the sports pack includes well done
coaster

Great write up but just imagine what it would have been like with the GTS engine fitted 8-)
Speed Demon
Dealer

coaster wrote:Great write up but just imagine what it would have been like with the GTS engine fitted 8-)
I tested it with a tuned GTS engine in and it was very impressive, but you'd be shocked how close the TL200 is to a stock GTS300. At 75mph the dyno curves nearly touch. Below that speed the difference is made up for by the Scomadi being much lighter.

If the Scomadi had the 300 engine it would be a lot quicker than a GTS on acceleration but I reckon top speed would be similar or even lower due to poor aero from lammy legshields. Little surprise that Piaggio decided not to supply them really.
Get to SULK
jonzo172

coaster wrote:Great write up but just imagine what it would have been like with the GTS engine fitted 8-)
Or even something bigger homegrown to the brand perhaps :o
Speed Demon
Dealer

jonzo172 wrote:
Or even something bigger homegrown to the brand perhaps :o
There's potential :)
Get to SULK
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information