Scomadi TL200 vs GTS300 1,000 miles and dyno

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
jonzo172

Speed Demon wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:
coaster wrote:Great write up but just imagine what it would have been like with the GTS engine fitted 8-)
Or even something bigger homegrown to the brand perhaps :o
There's potential :)
;)
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I must admit I've been a little bit sceptical about these Scomadi's. But it's these long term tests that will swing it. If they can prove to be reliable than I don't see why there shouldn't be a big uptake on the 200's. It certainly sounds promising. I do think testing it against a GTS is a bit redundant though. It is what it is when it comes down to it.
eden
Dealer

I think that testing it against a GTS is perfect as they are both 4 stroke pot noodles that have very little in common with classic 2 stroke scooters.
Doom Patrol

Maybe, but you've already got people thinking of putting GTS engines in them, and really what's the point? The Scomadi 200 is different as it stands. If you want to monkey around with it buy a GTS.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I'd agree with Eden (and that doesn't happen too often! ;-)

If I was after a tng machine likely to be accepted by 99% of 'the scene' then it's a straight fight of GTS V Scomadi IMHO.

I know there are a few dreamers who will talk of modenas and neco abruzzi 125's but you may as well have a honda melody if you're going that far.

The scooter rally scene is now quite firmly dominated by GTS's, PXs are now out of production and very few except real Vespa gear change diehards will be riding them in 5 years for regular/long distance (not just local) riding.

Considering the TL200 is £800 odd cheaper (not a small sum in the scheme of things), has a similar performance and looks better I know which I'd have given the choice.

Anyway -it's high time someone won the BSRA on a Nexus 500 or a Piaggio X10 350-500 just to make it less interesting!
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

Im looking forward to seeing what can be done with the performance of the 200

the review is informative and very good reading.
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Doom Patrol

I've got to be careful here, or I'll talk myself into buying one, but I get the impression that the Scomadi is more of a riders machine. If you turn it into a lumpy tourer you're adding expense and turning it into a poor relative.

I do actually accept that it was more interesting to compare the two. It might have been a dull review without it.
eden
Dealer

timexit17 wrote:I'd agree with Eden (and that doesn't happen too often! ;-)
I'm more interested in what you don't agree with me about :)

comes across that agreeing with me is politically incorrect :lol:
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

politics mate, only politics. oh & probably football!
:-)
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

I'll have a read, but the GTS 300 is blooming quick. I have had one for 6 years now riding everyday into London on it and although I like the look of a Scomadi I was never convinced it would be quick enough for me
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information