Scomadi TL200 vs GTS300 1,000 miles and dyno

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
ArmandTanzarian

Strummer10 wrote:I'll have a read, but the GTS 300 is blooming quick. I have had one for 6 years now riding everyday into London on it and although I like the look of a Scomadi I was never convinced it would be quick enough for me
Really? I find them just not quite quick enough. On the motorway they go at just a smidge faster than a speed restricted transit which makes overtaking just a bit too dicey. If the wind blows or you reach as hill you find yourself stuck alongside whatever you're trying to get past. Another few mph would transform them.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
eden
Dealer

GTS300 is quick, is it?
ArmandTanzarian

eden wrote:GTS300 is quick, is it?
That would depend on what you're comparing it to.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Muttley McLadd

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
That would depend on what you're comparing it to.
What can you get in the UK for a similar price?
CakeAndArseParty
Bufficus

timexit17 wrote:
The scooter rally scene is now quite firmly dominated by GTS's,
If this is true, I'm glad I don't go to the same rallies as you. The last National I attended (Lincoln 2015) was firmly dominated by Caravans and Motorhomes. What's more the owners of these 50K+ vehicles were not happy to pay the £15 entry fee. If you prefer geared scooter rider only events the LCGB put many on through the year. ;)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Yep, I did Lincoln twice and have to say the difference between the LCGB Euro 2009 and the 2012 rally was chalk n cheese.
The 2012 was very much akin to the 2015 one by all accounts and had god knows how many 'car drivers and winebagos' there.

I personally do indeed prefer geared scooter events and we tend to go to LCGB only if we're short of time/money since you know you'll get a better rally out of it.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Quicker than a push bike. ;)
Did you have to do that?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Muttley McLadd wrote: What can you get in the UK for a similar price?
WK650 ........................ no sorry, the WK is a lot cheaper.

http://www.wkbikes.com/650cc_motorbikes_wk-650tr.html
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
Strummer10 wrote:I'll have a read, but the GTS 300 is blooming quick. I have had one for 6 years now riding everyday into London on it and although I like the look of a Scomadi I was never convinced it would be quick enough for me
Really? I find them just not quite quick enough. On the motorway they go at just a smidge faster than a speed restricted transit which makes overtaking just a bit too dicey. If the wind blows or you reach as hill you find yourself stuck alongside whatever you're trying to get past. Another few mph would transform them.

I use my GTS 300 for work (i'm not a lover of it, but for the commute in everyday , 25 miles each way, it does the job nicely). I must confess it leaves most superbikes standing at the lights, the pull away is very good (which is why they are being stolen for robberies as there quick from a stand still). Overtaking on the main A13 and A12 roads into central London is done with ease and its capable of sitting on 75 mph all day long.

On the other hand, IF I could ride my lambretta into work every day I would much prefer that, but it would be lifted at some point leaving me heartbroken, the Vespa well frankly 'who cares' lol...
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

A GTS leaving most superbikes at the lights? :lol:
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information