Scomadi TL200 vs GTS300 1,000 miles and dyno

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
shamrockexpress

DigDug wrote:A GTS leaving most superbikes at the lights? :lol:
I think he means they are both going in different directions 8-)

I used to commute the same route into London on gilera runner 180 great tool for the job, I was running a 235 kegra gp lammy for the rallies at the weekend jump on and go!!! but the Runner was king pin for the commute, it didn't leave superbikes at the lights but I did try my hardest to catch them unawares.
Loved the 180 runner I did London to leeds in under 4 hours flat out 90 on the speedo(probably real 75/80 with tail wind) revved the crap out of it everywhere then at 6000 miles it made a big noise and stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inside the 3 year warranty lucky enough, was getting fed up with it so traded it in for the new P2 disc at the time, if I hadve known what I know now I would have been on a 180 hexagon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats another story.

So all said the gts is in my opinion a great way to preserve your lambretta :) :) and better than turning up at a rally in a car...........
warts
Main scooter: honda

You know the superbike is faster - he just doesn't feel you are worth the effort. An auto will easily thrash most cars up to 20 or 30 mph. Depending on the power available, maybe longer. Some cars are capable, but not without an effort, and probably not without too much attention grabing noise.
An auto makes a great town commuter. My PoS honda top speed is low, only about a real 65, dropping off rapidly on hills or into headwinds, fortunately the engine keeps going at full throttle all the time, 4 years in my ownership so far. It is a honda afterall. From lights or a junction, just wang the throttle and you have left cars and normal bikes behind. If you can open enough gap, the cars at least won't catch you before the next lights.
They no doubt could win, but have to make the effort, which for commuters, mostly isn't worth it. They know when the road clears and they can open up, they will have you.
ArmandTanzarian

DigDug wrote:A GTS leaving most superbikes at the lights? :lol:
Amazing how often that gets said.

Any time a modern motorbike over 250cc is beaten away from a standstill by a GTS the rider is either not aware that you were racing, aware but not playing silly games or asleep.

I commute into central London every day on a very pedestrian CB500 and that could beat my GTS without even trying. As for beating a super bike... :lol:
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

C’est la vie
ArmandTanzarian

Exactly!

They'll all get to sixty in well under 3 seconds, as will most mid sized bikes.

But if a bloke down the pub says their 18hp auto can beat a 100hp+ bike then it must be true.

What I will say though is that I'm often amazed how slow people react to traffic lights changing. Even on my GTS I'm often well up the road before the bike next to me has even started to move but that's got nothing to do with the vehicles.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

It's a matter of personal honour for me. (Even if it is incredibly puerile). :oops:
Did you have to do that?
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

I have to concede today.,..........I was clear beaten from the lights by a Ducati something or other whilst on the GTS .........oh well !!
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

ArmandTanzarian wrote:

What I will say though is that I'm often amazed how slow people react to traffic lights changing. Even on my GTS I'm often well up the road before the bike next to me has even started to move but that's got nothing to do with the vehicles.
I agree with you on this. I'm amazed how long it takes before other vehicles get going. Some cars have to start first, but other bikes? All they have to do is let out the clutch.

Into gear on amber, then go on green. That's what I was taught. Not, "Oh, it's gone green, better do something"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information