Scomadi 125 top speed

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
simonwwfc

I'm pretty sure that my old 179 conversion is coming up for sale as chap that bought it is saying it's too quick for him lol only as quick as you blip the throttle 24bhp if anyone's interested built by Andy at psn tuning

Might even still be reg as 50cc :lol:
mark1
Main scooter: gp

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
mark1 wrote:One thing i'm struggling to get my head around, Why would you spend thousands a brand new scooter then have to spend £500+ to make it go over 60mph.
Yes.....imagine, a bunch of scooter owners wanting to tune thier engines....who would have thought it! Lol

But to answer your question, I presume it depends on the cc of the scooter?? You buy a GTS300 you know it's gonna be quicker than a TL125. You want the TL125 to go quicker.....you tune it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you've got my point or I've not explained myself well enough.
Some people want to tune and engine so it can keep up with modern traffic or to improve on 50 year old technology. Some people want to expand the boundaries if what is possible and make a shopping moped to go over 100 mph.
My point is why would someone buy a brand new bike and then need to spend money to get it to keep up with modern traffic.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mark1 wrote: My point is why would someone buy a brand new bike and then need to spend money to get it to keep up with modern traffic.
Yes, I get your point. And my response is...they don't 'need' to, it's a choice and all cc relative and has nothing to do with being new. How does being new alter the fact it's just a 125cc scooter? Speed and power are not linked to it being new, they are a result of power, revs and gearing.

The 125cc is reputed to do 55 out of the box, and 60 when run in......where's the mystery? Being modern or new is irrelevant.....it's only a 125cc 4-stroke. There are aftermarket bits available IF people want to add to that. So again, what's the mystery?

Some will buy 125 and stay standard, others will tune, others will buy 200...and some will tune those. Buying new is no guarantee of speed or power to satisfy all comers.

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
shocky

mark1 wrote:One thing i'm struggling to get my head around, Why would you spend thousands a brand new scooter then have to spend £500+ to make it go over 60mph.

I thought the idea of buying a new scooter was to get performance, reliability and fuel economy as standard. Also if you fit these aftermarket accessories does this void your warranty?

It seems a bit of an arse about face way of doing things.
Px 125 slowped
166 kit £150
Decent pipe £100 -250
Upgear kit £80
carb upjet or new £10-100
Most of thats just bolt on let alone porting the cases etc
easy mounts up
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

also some want to ride with the big boys but lack the ability to pass there test ring any bells to one poster on here ?
mark1 wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Yes.....imagine, a bunch of scooter owners wanting to tune thier engines....who would have thought it! Lol

But to answer your question, I presume it depends on the cc of the scooter?? You buy a GTS300 you know it's gonna be quicker than a TL125. You want the TL125 to go quicker.....you tune it.

I don't think you've got my point or I've not explained myself well enough.
Some people want to tune and engine so it can keep up with modern traffic or to improve on 50 year old technology. Some people want to expand the boundaries if what is possible and make a shopping moped to go over 100 mph.
My point is why would someone buy a brand new bike and then need to spend money to get it to keep up with modern traffic.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
simonwwfc

Each to own lol shame some big boys can't keep up on there ts1 lammys :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
YAMLAM

simonwwfc wrote:I'm pretty sure that my old 179 conversion is coming up for sale as chap that bought it is saying it's too quick for him lol only as quick as you blip the throttle 24bhp if anyone's interested built by Andy at psn tuning

Might even still be reg as 50cc :lol:
Great till you hit and kill some one, then plod get involved, plus insurance assors, then you insurance company drop you like a hot turd and you find yourself in court.
win or lose have a booze
simonwwfc

I wonder how many scooters that are at rally's are standard ? Plus how many people riding two up haven't passed there test ? It's been going on for years
lozmondo

doesn't make it right though does it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information