Scomadi 125 top speed

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

eden wrote: I haven't seen the article.
Here you go....... http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/issue ... /SCO201606

:D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
immylam

Two kits and a cdi isn't much choice so along with an exhaust it may cost you £500 for no speed increase. I think the air cooled 125 version is to be dropped when the new 200 comes out and the Lc125 appears? Another thing about the TL125 is the kickstart - talk about a chocolate fireguard. It actually can be kickstarted but you'd have to be a contortionist to do so. It certainly has captured the imagination though and overall a welcome addition to the scooter scene and offering something the market was crying out for even if it doesn't meet everyone's expectations of what that something was.......well what scooter ever does?
mark1
Main scooter: gp

One thing i'm struggling to get my head around, Why would you spend thousands a brand new scooter then have to spend £500+ to make it go over 60mph.

I thought the idea of buying a new scooter was to get performance, reliability and fuel economy as standard. Also if you fit these aftermarket accessories does this void your warranty?

It seems a bit of an arse about face way of doing things.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mark1 wrote:One thing i'm struggling to get my head around, Why would you spend thousands a brand new scooter then have to spend £500+ to make it go over 60mph.
Yes.....imagine, a bunch of scooter owners wanting to tune thier engines....who would have thought it! Lol

But to answer your question, I presume it depends on the cc of the scooter?? You buy a GTS300 you know it's gonna be quicker than a TL125. You want the TL125 to go quicker.....you tune it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

EddieStone wrote:I used to design speedos when I was younger and the specs were -0% +20%. A speedo could read much faster, but never slower. This is to take into account manufacturing tolerances and tyre wear/types. I used to design mine as close as possible to 0%, but there were some where the tolerance changed through the speedo range. These were electronic speedos.

The speedo on mine is mainly used to indicate that I am moving.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
simonwwfc

Around 57 tops standard that's pushing it
Kits for the 50cc models are a waste of time unless you can find a uprated gearing that will fit as well
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Isn't it something to do with learner legal machines that are not supposed to exceed 62.5 mph ?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

simonwwfc wrote:Around 57 tops standard that's pushing it
Kits for the 50cc models are a waste of time unless you can find a uprated gearing that will fit as well

or a bigger back tyre
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Muttley McLadd

mark1 wrote:
I thought the idea of buying a new scooter was to get performance, reliability and fuel economy as standard.
You're thinking of Japanese scooters ;)
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information