ET4 into ET2

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
dadandlad
Main scooter: Vespa ET4 125

Welcome to my project
I recently purchased a ET2 non runner project on ebay and on getting it home found the engine to be seized which was rather disappointing,anyway after a search for parts and thoughts of a 70cc kit I began to wonder about a bigger engine altogether

Back to ebay and found a crash damaged ET4 125 with 13,000 on the clock which I duly purchased

The Black ET2 is rough around the edges and is now in hundreds of bits and at the body shop for painting

The Green ET4 has had a frontal impact but appears to have been well looked after and will donate all its running gear and electrics

And if you are interested in my other two Italian babies
The 126 was bought a year ago and came in cardboard boxes,the Seicento 3 months ago as a non runner

dadandlad

At long last I have got my frame and panels back from my friends and the rebuild begins
Turned out a lovely shade of red but cannot seem to capture on film,it looks very orangey on here

dadandlad

The Green scooter looked to be in quite good condition body wise before it was crashed.
I turned it over whilst stripping down and the amount of rot is quite frightening
I wonder how many unsuspecting owners are riding round on similar condition machines

diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

That's looking smart,good job
dadandlad

Thanks Diesel
A few more pictures of the progress so far

paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Great work on the et but loving your fiats! I haven't seen a 126 in years but always had a soft spot for them. Even seicento sportings are rare in my neck of the woods.
dadandlad

Thank you for your kind comments
The 126 is currently undergoing surgery as the head gasket has gone and the Seicento I wouldn't part with for love or money it is so much fun to drive

Well after a busy week the ET is almost complete it is now a runner although rather noisy as the new exhaust hasn't arrived yet

paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Great result! It'll last for years. Good luck with the head gasket on the 126. I bet that car draws alot of attention.
Rs fruitbat

Nice work , looks good in red , did you have to swap the loom to run the et4 engine ?
dadandlad

Thank you for your kind comments
The 126 certainly does draw quite a lot of attention, amazing how many people tell you they once owned one

Yes I had to swap the loom as the 125 comes equipped with a immobiliser and the regulator/rectifier was different , not a bad job to do as it is all plug and play
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information