lambretta 290 rotax

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

garry inglis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 am How much louder has it gone has it got a deep rumble
its not fitted yet, it needs painting :D
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Have you managed to mig weld that holty looks solid
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Mint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
holty

yes its mig welded, not realy tidy but i tried to make it as strong as possible, with added support where it cannot be seen.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Nice work :)
holty

not posted for a while, had a problem with the kickstart and bent the shaft, so i decided something stronger was needed so martin from chiselspeed got me a casa one from one of there new wider sidecasings which is the size i need, also came with an extended piston , so no need to extend the slot and use a packer, got it fitted, had to grind just a tiny bit of clearance to miss the clutch top plate, fitted kickstart and the splines in one or the other where not right, either too high or too low, so i ended up fitting a kickstart ramp to the side case an cutting the one off the backplate, pleased to say thats got the kickstart where it should be and works fine. as the engine is not run in yet, and its cold still i have opted to build a roller starter to back the scooter onto, which bump starts it, got that finished yesterday, so tried it out and it works a treat, its powered by a honda go kart engine and uses a centrifugal clutch which drives two rollers, i will post some more pics when i have time, road test went well ran at 40/ 50 degrees on the gauge and didnt miss a beat, does seem a bit louder with the bigger stinger but well pleased, pulls hard with no revs at all, its all torque, fun to ride, will try and get out later if it dries up,
holty
ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
this is the original shaft and is bent like a banana
this is the new shaft fitted
new shaft with integral ramp, had to elongate the holes and trim one end to get it to work correctly

LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Wish I had half your talent
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I also like the fact that you've upgraded the endplate and sidecasing for adjustment and to take the load off the endplate. Might be a little upgrade but make for a big improvement :)
holty

Adam_Winstone wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:54 pm I also like the fact that you've upgraded the endplate and sidecasing for adjustment and to take the load off the endplate. Might be a little upgrade but make for a big improvement :)
i thought the same adam, ive just got home did about 30 miles on it, i could feel the warm air on my legs at first, as the heat from the radiator was blown through the toolbox, couldnt later as my legs got so cold, i only had normal trousers on, no problems to report, but it does vibrate a lot at about 45mph, in 4th gear, it does seem to smooth out a bit as the revs rise, but im running it in and dont want to overdo it, plus ive not done a plug chop yet, mainly as its almost impossible to get the bleeding plug out when it hot, i intend to try some mountings out of an old engine and see if they are an improvement, maybe some foam grips might help, ive only got the standard plastic ones on at the moment, any recomendations ?
i took a couple of pics
the radiator seems to work very well by the way, around 40 degrees max so probably a bit too cool, will sort that later, i didnt fit a stat as i thought it would run hot.
holty

i changed the large af mounting for an old one out of my rb250 and what a difference, very smooth now and so much nicer to ride, did about 10 miles and ran fine, its more tempting to open it up now its smoother but i must resist....
for now,
holty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information