lambretta 290 rotax

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

had a little delivery from the states, my new piston, its the first piston ive bought that comes in a drawstring bag, i took a pick next to an old t5 piston to compare sizes, its a monster.i was originaly thinking about lightening the piston, but its that nice i dont think i will do anything to it, lightening the gudgeon pin was on my list of improvements, but its already done, crankshaft next.ImageIMG_1818_zps0seiwm7t by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1816_zpsinxywl2c by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1817_zps81anvqzy by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
holty

got my head back today, well pleased
ImageIMG_0129_zps3niw7bqp by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0128_zps2envr1yc by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0127_zpsfoqckx5i by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
holty

got my engine case back so ive spent some time in the garage working on it, got the cylinder on the case for the first time.
ImageIMG_0170_zpsrrqf2gpm by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0171_zpsdxhwqypq by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0172_zpsy4i54a3g by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Looking good.

I had a similar build for a water cooled TS1 a few years back. In order to feed fuel into the crank case mounted reed valve, I cut the frame behind the engine-mount tube and was left with this:
What you can't see is the rear shock, which mounted almost horizontally above the remainder of the frame tube. You can just about see it here:
The fuel tank was constructed around the shock, so it looked like this:
The whole show was covered with this:
Martin
holty

wow thats some serious work there, what was the performace like with the case induction, and did you have a boost port directly to the cylinder so not all the inlet charge goes into the crancase, i presume it was reedvalve, have you more pics of the engine, have you still got the scooter ?
Knowledge
Dealer

I got the scooter running, but sold it before it was completed. The scooter was pulled apart and the bodywork when one way and the engine now resides with Pete Fay, who has since become a regular acquaintance.

The steel-lined TS1 barrel had two boost ports where the inlet would have been, fed directly from the reed. The reed was from a CR500, so flippin' huge. The pipe was a Jahspeed hydraulically formed item, adapted specifically for the unusual route. The radiator came from an RD350 and was completely hidden beneath the false tool box. The cool air was ducted beneath the front mudguard, through the rad, and out the floor: no need for lots of holes in the legshields.

The best, and worst thing, was the electric start. I spent ages designing and manufacturing the system using a starter motor with a right angled thrown pinion. I did some of my best machining and welding to make it. When I finally got it all wired up and pressed the starter button, it turned the engine over in the wrong direction. Doh! :oops:
Martin
Knowledge
Dealer

Just a couple more photos, before I get accused of taking this thread off-track....

Martin
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

you did all that and no torque wrench ;)
C’est la vie
holty

oh no, that must have been soul destroying, very impressive work none the less, many years ago a had a friend who owned a suzuki ap50, he could sit on it and push it backwards and drop it into gear and start it up running backwards, very funny to see, my case has gone to have some more welding done, heres another pic
holty

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information