lambretta 290 rotax

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

carnuntum.heimat.eu/539.jpg
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

garry inglis wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm whats the rubber cap with the spring clip steve is that for coolant
its the rave valve garry, works off exhaust pressure which lifts the valve up and down to alter the exhaust port timing, gives more torque at low revs and more power at high revs, a bit like a turbo on a car, first test ride was Saturday and its very very quick, did a power wheelie in second gear without even trying, its got way more power than it had before, and that was 35bhp, I still have the bigger carb to fit as well, that will got on when I get martin at chiselspeed to dyno it for me, I just want to get some miles on it first.
Image51960891_2311882732387243_4544355083143348224_n by stephen holt, on Flickr
holty

Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

Cool project, have you thought about using an ignitech device for powervalve control instead of the diaphragm? I used one on my 50 special. they're pretty cool bits of kit. They control your PV Blade from the ignition so you can map it by RPM/Degree's

I'll grab a coffee and a packet of crisps and read this from start to finish tonight :)
Stay tuned..............
holty

im just running it in at the moment, by the time I get back from knarseborough it will be, I quite liked the idea of the valve been self governing, but I see how a programmable ecu would be of benefit, im looking forward to getting the big carb on and getting it on martins rolling road and see what power it has, it realy is a torque monster and such fun to ride.
holty

went to scarborough scooter rally, ran very well, ive done 500 miles now since rebuild, big carb going on next, then dyno time
ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
holty

got my 38mm carb fitted and took my scooter to martin at chiselspeed to get it set up correctly, got it on the rolling road and it managed 40bhp very pleased, took it for a ride yesterday and it is awesome, the blue line is my trace from last year and the red one is the results on Friday
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Nice results Holty! Glad to see you're still getting after it!
holty

RManson wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:36 am Nice results Holty! Glad to see you're still getting after it!
cheers ryan, its running very well, just getting more miles on it, hows yours going ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information