lambretta 290 rotax

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

took it out for another ride on saturday, i knew bad weather was on the way and i had some free time, did about 20 miles and it ran fine, no issues at all, but i have noticed that the right hand side of my scoot is covered in oil, its the stand off coming from the carb, so i think i will be adding a bell mouth to the carb, and cutting a hole in the panel to suit, its not a big problem, but does need sorting at some point.
holty

ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Great work must be pleased as you have built and took a chance on a lot of different methods to end up with home built engine and also you'll have to put a vid up of starting the scoot in that strange looking lawnmower 😂
holty

garry inglis wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:46 am Great work must be pleased as you have built and took a chance on a lot of different methods to end up with home built engine and also you'll have to put a vid up of starting the scoot in that strange looking lawnmower 😂
ha ha, yes i will garry, its a great little addition to the garage, i started the beast with it last week, and took it round to my mates who couldnt get his to start, it soon fired it up, i will get a video when the weather improves, yes im realy pleased with the end result, i was a bit worried along the way it would just feel like a ts1, not that i dont like a ts1 they can be fantastic, i wanted a big thumper and thats what ive got, i never expected it would be such a powerhouse at low revs,and so smooth and clean pulling away, it will do 30mph in top gear, and yet it will do way over 100 mph if it will do enough revs in top gear, which i suspect it will, im looking forward to getting it run in, and then on the dyno, ive still got a few little things to do as well.
hungdog

Quick question what was the piston crown height of the 580 piston you used ? 31mm

Ta
holty

hungdog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:03 pm Quick question what was the piston crown height of the 580 piston you used ? 31mm

Ta
sorry i dont remember off the top of my head, it was a wiseco piston, i can get you the part number if you need it, it was the standard size, are you dipping your toe in the water and building one too ?
best regards,
holty
holty

been out on the scoot twice this week, ran fine on wednesday night, but on sunday seemed to develop a bit of a rattle, had a look around and one of my exhaust mounts had snapped, so i tacked it back together, then added a couple of gussets, i dont think it will break again, done over 200 miles now.
garry inglis

That looks like something of my mk1 cortina 😂😂
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

OK just needs a bit of grinding and a lick of paint.
holty

took the rotax up to martin at chiselspeed today for setting up on the dyno
very pleased with the end result, max power 32.11 and max torque 23.16,
had to change atomiser and jets and needle to get fueling corrected
makes a lot more power than a casassr265 until 8k revs which im well chuffed with for a home tune and also made more torque than the casa.
do have a little bit of slip on the clutch, so ive got some stronger springs to install, also slight leak from downpipe / exhaust joint going to make a clamp to fix this issue, it was mega loud by the way, hurt my ears.
:D
garry inglis

looks good holty the hp and fbt are both on the same curve right through itll pull your arms off well done mate chuffed for you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information