water cooled twin

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

Have the same shifting issues with my RD350 YPVS conversion bike, well try now those "easy shift" kits:

http://www.cascadeinnovations.net/store ... ept_id=165

Not sure if it also fits the 4L0 engine.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Lovely paint and lovely job , well done :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi stampede, thanks for the link, it looks like a good product, i know the yanks are big into banshees especially drag racing, could be just the thing to make the change easier, have you allready got one fitted on yours? would i be right in thinking you had your build on the series 6 forum a while ago ?
Stampede

holty wrote:hi stampede, thanks for the link, it looks like a good product, i know the yanks are big into banshees especially drag racing, could be just the thing to make the change easier, have you allready got one fitted on yours? would i be right in thinking you had your build on the series 6 forum a while ago ?
No, it´s still on its way over the big lake. Bloody parcel service, takes weeks.

Yes, that was me. :) My bike is also finished, but seems that the problems are always the same with the conversion bikes.
holty

when you have it fitted, can you let me know what its like, have you got a cable clutch ? i thing the ypvs has a better lever arm set-up, mine has one of them daft plastic worm drives, its so hard, im thinking of a hidden master cylinder behind the horncasting and fitting a hydaulic slave cylinder, have you ever seen one done that way ?
holty
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

holty wrote:hi stampede, thanks for the link, it looks like a good product, i know the yanks are big into banshees especially drag racing, could be just the thing to make the change easier, have you allready got one fitted on yours? would i be right in thinking you had your build on the series 6 forum a while ago ?
Is the Series 6 forum dead ?

The link on :

https://www.lambrettainnovation.co.uk

Doesn't work.
holty

hi andy, yes series 6 forum has been dead for a long time, i guess most of the members are on here now instead, did a bit more work on the scoot tonight, adjusted the idle mixture, it was far too rich, ive also ordered some smaller main jets, adjusted the chain tensioner, although the chain wants a bit more adjustment.
Stampede

holty wrote:when you have it fitted, can you let me know what its like, have you got a cable clutch ? i thing the ypvs has a better lever arm set-up, mine has one of them daft plastic worm drives, its so hard, im thinking of a hidden master cylinder behind the horncasting and fitting a hydaulic slave cylinder, have you ever seen one done that way ?
holty
Yes, got a cable clutch. It´s harder then the clutch on my TS1 bike, but I´m able to pull the clutch without too much problems. I´m using as a lever on the headset MB´s Yamaha conversion, perhaps that could help also with your problem?

Have seen such hydraulic clutch conversions and semi-hydraulic conversions for front break under the horncasting, but not on a S6 bike, but I think that could help with your Problem - if the slave cylinder is able to do enough way to engage the clutch. But first at all I would change the lever on the headset and the cable Routing (no sharp corners, etc).

Shouldn´t there be a Serie6 sub forum on Scooterotica? :D
holty

Yes your right, maybe we should have our own section, when I routed the clutch cable I made sure it had as smooth a route as poss, so that's not the problem, I've also got a yam type clutch lever so that's no the problem either, I'm pretty certain it's the clutch worm causing the stiffness, I shall start getting the parts I need to convert to hydraulic, on a plus point I found someone in the UK who sells the shift pro that you told me about, I think I will be getting one of those as well, I guess all bike engined scooters are a work in progress, until you get them just how you want them to be.
Stampede

Just had a look on the 4L0 clutch mechanism, that´s really different to the YPVS ones.

Which slave cylinder will you use?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information